Search similar:

uniqs
Wantaboat
join:2012-03-23

Wantaboat

[Scam] Help catch as scammer Ebay's Motor Vehicle Protection Pro

I just came across another Ebay's Motor Vehicle Protection Program (VPP) scam
Recently I visited this site »www.boatparadise.com/boats/
messaged a guy about a boat as the price sounded to good to be true.
To cut a long story short he has not contacted me trying to push the Ebay's Motor Vehicle Protection Program on me asking for details to get the boat out to me asap.

I've been playing dumb at this stage stating I will have my sister pay cash on pick of the boat at Miami .

Basically the reply to my boat question goes like this:

Peter Rainer peterjrainer@gmail.com

7:37 PM (3 hours ago)

to me
Hello ,
I'm glad you are interested in the boat . It's in perfect condition without any mechanical problems , no damages or hidden defects , no need for additional repairs , clear title, without any accidents , liens or loans . All power equipment are in working order , all the documents and papers . The price of this boat , trailer is $ 9.200.00 includes shipping taxes to your address . And I want to make this transaction through eBay Vehicle Purchase Program we can close this deal fast and safe for both of us . We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account. I am registered with their secure trader department and they will handle the trade. I already pre arranged the whole process with them . I have a contract with them and i must respect this . If you agree on the full purchase price , we make all the arrangements for the transfer of the title of property and the other details . I require your full name ( street , city , state , zip code , phone number ) .
As soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure , and eBay Company will notify you about this with payment and shipping instuctions . You'll also receive important guidelines instructions from them ( please go through them exactly ) .
There are 2 other potential buyers for the boat at the moment , so I'm waiting for your email ASAP
Best Regards!

I know this is a long shot but is there anyway that we might be able to reveal this scammer or even just scare the hell out of him?

Thanks Jack

Keith
Why Ask Than?
Premium Member
join:2002-10-28
Fort Erie, ON

Keith

Premium Member

Re: [Scam] Help catch as scammer Ebay's Motor Vehicle Protection

No,

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL to Wantaboat

Premium Member

to Wantaboat
You won't get to nail the lad, but you might be able to have some fun humiliating him a bit.

Tell him you heard on TV there are scams and that even though you don't think it's so in this case, you need proof that the boat is real. Say that since the boat is for your sister, he needs to send you some photos of him on the boat with him on his knees wearing a collar and leash being held by a woman so you can be sure she will look good on it, and also of him holding a sign that says "I love seamenz and tallywhackurz" with that day's date.
Wantaboat
join:2012-03-23

Wantaboat

Great idea , lol
Yeh I might play him along just for the hell of it for a little.
As they say you cannot scam a scammer.

I recently was just scammed 35k on a shipping container purchase , they caught the germ but all the court ordered was for him to pay 10% of the money back because his partners in crime took a cut so he claims.
In total he claims he profited 15% out of 150k they scammed off people and he only has to pay 10% back , go figure that?
He got a shitty 90 days community service and suspended sentence.

We are now taking a class action against him ...

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL

Premium Member

said by Wantaboat:

I recently was just scammed 35k on a shipping container purchase

Pardon me for being blunt, but where the hell was your brain that you did you not thoroughly vet and verify the individual and the offer before forking over so much as a penny? Getting scammed out of a few hundred bucks is stupid enough...but $35K? Gathering that this was a business dealing, that shows exceedingly deficient management and controls...and those involved deserve whatever the consequences are.

Not Peter R
@bell.ca

Not Peter R to Wantaboat

Anon

to Wantaboat
He's at it again... This time tryig to sell a motorcycle:
Peter Rainer peterjrainer@gmail.com to me
show details 7:13 AM (11 hours ago)

Hello ,
I'm glad you are interested in the bike . It's in perfect condition without any mechanical problems , no damages or hidden defects , no need for additional repairs , clear title, without any accidents , liens or loans . All power equipment are in working order , all the documents and papers . The price of this bike , is $8.700.00 includes shipping taxes to your address . And I want to make this transaction through eBay Vehicle Purchase Program we can close this deal fast and safe for both of us . I already prearranged the whole process with them . I have a contract with them and i must respect this . If you agree on the full purchase price , we make all the arrangements for the transfer of the title of property and the other details . I require your full name ( street , city , state , zip code , phone number ) . As soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure , and eBay Company will notify you about this with payment and shipping instuctions . You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them ( please go through them exactly ) .
There are 2 other potential buyers for the bike at the moment , so I'm waiting for your email ASAP
Best Regards !
Peter

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC

DC DSL

Premium Member

Tell "Peter" you need a photo of him putting his unit into the tailpipe.

Danny B
@bhn.net

Danny B to Wantaboat

Anon

to Wantaboat
Peter J Rainer is a SCAM. This guy is trying to sell me a boat.
Hello ,
I'm glad you are interested in the boat . It's in perfect condition without any mechanical problems , no damages or hidden defects , no need for additional repairs , clear title, without any accidents , liens or loans . All power equipment are in working order , all the documents and papers . The price of this boat , trailer is $ 9.800.00 includes shipping taxes to your address . And I want to make this transaction through eBay Vehicle Purchase Program we can close this deal fast and safe for both of us . We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account. I am registered with their secure trader department and they will handle the trade. I already pre arranged the whole process with them . I have a contract with them and i must respect this . If you agree on the full purchase price , we make all the arrangements for the transfer of the title of property and the other details . I require your full name ( street , city , state , zip code , phone number ) .
As soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure , and eBay Company will notify you about this with payment and shipping instuctions . You'll also receive important guidelines instructions from them ( please go through them exactly ) .
There are 2 other potential buyers for the boat at the moment , so I'm waiting for your email ASAP
Best Regards!
Peter

Peter Rainer
Patrol Lieutenant/Criminal Investigations

Member, Miami.FL University System

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL

Premium Member

said by Danny B :

Peter J Rainer is a SCAM. This guy is trying to sell me a boat.

»Re: [Scam] Help catch as scammer Ebay's Motor Vehicle Protection

In this case, plugging the bilge pump.

Simpleton
@bell.ca

Simpleton to Wantaboat

Anon

to Wantaboat
Call me simple...how are they making money from this, I have seen ads twice last week on Kijiji for vehicles, with the exact same message.

He is asking to pay using PayPal, isn't this insured?

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL

Premium Member

said by Simpleton :

Call me simple...how are they making money from this, I have seen ads twice last week on Kijiji for vehicles, with the exact same message.

Plain and simple: There are lots of incredibly stupid people on the Internet.

As for eBay or PayPal, there always is some "unfortunate misunderstanding" that arises that necessitates changing to Western Union or some other "no recourse of any kind for the moron sending the money" moolamover service.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to Simpleton

Premium Member

to Simpleton
said by Simpleton :

Call me simple...how are they making money from this,

You send your real money, but you get nothing, and your money is 100% profit for the scammer! Pretty easy. Just need one or two people to foolishly bite out of 100 or even 1000 that ignore and delete the email reply.
said by Simpleton :

Your post is the only post that even mentions PayPal. I can assure you that PayPal is not mentioned by the scammer, they want you to send cash to the fake eBay rep they are going to have contact you, because real eBay reps do not contact you and do not ask that you send a money gram/western union to their personal name and address.

boats
@speedy.com.ar

boats to Wantaboat

Anon

to Wantaboat
Peter

Honestly speaking, first you said you will use ebay method, then you say is not any more on ebay, we both know that ebay method works only when is advertised on the ebay web site, if not does not work.

i am a seroius buyer, so i do not care about your previous bad experiences, and neither will get involved in a non consistent deal

Pls clarify your self and tell me.

If your offer and boat is real i can send my shipping company to pick it up and pay for it, i am now sure that is the best way to do the deal with you, all the rest is just loosing time, so as you showed inconsistency in your method, pls be serious to consider my easy and secure method.

Rgds
harald
join:2010-10-22
Columbus, OH

harald

Ah. The next event is that the buyer will send you a certified check for the price of the boat and will include the cost of shipping, to be forwarded to his shipper.

You cash the check, and it clears, because the current banking rules require that checks be paid before that have been fully vetted by the buyer's bank. You forward the "shipping" money to the crook, and several days/weeks later the check bounces and you are out the full amount.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to boats

Premium Member

to boats
said by boats :

Peter

Honestly speaking, first you said you will use ebay method, then you say is not any more on ebay, we both know that ebay method works only when is advertised on the ebay web site, if not does not work.

What are you doing? This is a web site forum to educate people to scams and to expose scammers. There is no Peter, there is a Nigerian sitting in a Internet Cafe trolling for people with more money than common sense, and sadly he apparently finds enough people meeting that description that he's making a good enough living to keep doing the same scams over and over....
said by boats :

i am a seroius buyer, so i do not care about your previous bad experiences, and neither will get involved in a non consistent deal

If your offer and boat is real

They are not. Keep your money. Don't become a 419 derivative statistic.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to boats

Premium Member

to boats
said by boats :

Peter

If your offer and boat is real i can send my shipping company to pick it up and pay for it, i am now sure that is the best way to do the deal with you, all the rest is just loosing time, so as you showed inconsistency in your method, pls be serious to consider my easy and secure method.

Rgds

There is not a single boat in Argentina you could buy?

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to Doctor Olds

Premium Member

to Doctor Olds
I'd thought, hoped, he was just quoting his reply to "Peter" to show us how he's going to string him along (I like the "serious buyer" part). But, if he really IS thinking this is a legit seller -- STOP!