Premium
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

reply to 34764170

Re: And that data usage...

Exactly. Anyone who thinks wireless is a viable alternative to wireline service for home broadband is either living in a dream world or a very light user. With current wireless service caps, combined with the ever-increasing array of Internet-connected devices in the home, streaming video, et al., a 10GB monthly allowance is flat-out ridiculous.

Which is exactly why providers want everyone using it instead of wireline service. They stand to make huge profits on overage gigs, which they'll all charge a similarly unreasonable amount for.

It'll be a cold day in hell when I switch to wireless broadband for my entire home. Either that, or someday after I win the lotto and feel like flushing handfuls of cash down the latrine.
--
"The counsel of fools is all the more dangerous the more of them there are." -Ólafr Höskuldsson

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:38

1 recommendation

said by banditws6:

It'll be a cold day in hell when I switch to wireless broadband for my entire home. Either that, or someday after I win the lotto and feel like flushing handfuls of cash down the latrine.

The whole point is to reduce competition and reduce choices until you are only left with expensive, capped choices.
--
RIP my babies Buttons 1/15/94-2/9/07, Beamer 7/24/08, & Bows 12/17/94-10/11/09

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

said by tim_k:

The whole point is to reduce competition and reduce choices until you are only left with expensive, capped choices.

Well that's pretty darn obvious to anyone with a clue.