Re: [FYI] Our Pet Memorial Thread

Click for full size
Tiffy in January 1999
Click for full size
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS
5mm 1/500th F5.6 ISO80

Tiffy enjoying snow in 2010

February 2012
on Wednesday, March 21, I said goodbye to Tiffany/Tiffy, my 4 legged friend of 13.5 years... Back then, a now ex-wife said she wanted a dog, a Yorkie.... while I wasn't crazy about the idea, we found and bought her. I fed, played with, card for and walked her. When I ended that marriage in 2007, she moved to a place where she couldn't have a dog, so Tiffy stayed with me.

Before they injected her, I learned that she had lost more weight. She used to weigh right around 11.2 to 10.5 pounds.... about 1.5 years ago when she was diagnosed with the kidney damage, she was down to 9.... 1 week ago, when she went in for her rabies shot, she was 7.2... today, she weighed just 6.5 pounds.

several tears were shed, and I let out a sob or two... but when I got home, I headed out on my 4 mile walk, while wearing an iPod. during the walk, I remembered how good she was to me, and how much I tried to show her I cared.

By the 30 minutes/2 mile point, halfway through the walk, I was fine. Death is a part of life. Haven't really been sad about it other than that first 30 minutes. Sadness is the wrong attitude, I have been pretty reflective, thinking about all kinds of things that have happened in my life.... some nice, some weird, but all things considered, I guess I can't complain..

to be perfectly honest, it bothered me a whole lot more saying goodbye to the dog I didn't really want, than being bedside as my own Mother took her last breaths....

LadyL
Premium Member
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH

1 recommendation

LadyL

Premium Member

Awww, my favorite online dog.
I will miss her.
R.I.P. Tiffy.
"Auntie Lonnie"
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

wth to lotusracer

Premium Member

to lotusracer
Very sorry for your loss.

Kathy_9
Premium Member
join:2005-05-15
Cloud 9

1 recommendation

Kathy_9 to lotusracer

Premium Member

to lotusracer
So very sorry for your loss. These memorials always make me cry but I can't not stop by and offer my condolences.

badd
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR

1 recommendation

badd to lotusracer

Premium Member

to lotusracer
I sure feel for you and am sorry for your loss. Tiffy looks just like my Yorkie "YoYo" that I had to give up due to my health and I sure miss him.

lotusracer
Premium Member
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL

lotusracer

Premium Member

thanks all..... I didn't actually notice this thread until today!

actually contacted my ex to ask if she wanted to be there or if she wanted to say goodbye, but she declined. I thanked her for choosing Tiffy.

Created a nice thank you card and dropped it off at the vet's today, and in today's mail I got a nice sympathy card from them.

Honestly, guess I miss her a bit... yet at the same time, I kind of like the quiet and peace of having her gone.

HFB1217
The Wizard Premium ExMod 2000-01

join:2000-06-26
Camelot SwFL

1 recommendation

HFB1217

Sorry for your little friend's passing.