Search similar:

uniqs

CR User
@telus.net

CR User to tofusl

Anon

to tofusl

Re: [BC] Usage on Bill

I'm seeing it on my bill as well. It's on my February bill. I can't download a PDF of my March bill yet as I haven't been billed for March. Not an encouraging sign at all!
Roofer
join:2010-11-24

Roofer to South_of_22

to South_of_22

Overcharge

said by South_of_22:

you are paying $3 per month more than you should. Call in and get it corrected.

On the Telus website, HS Turbo is $44 bundled. I am being charged $52 (I also have telephone, which is on top of the $52).

Is this an example of a company intentionally overcharging, and hopes the customer doesn't notice, or is too lazy to complain?

South_of_22
join:2009-03-23

South_of_22

Call in, get it corrected as yes... you are paying $8/month to much for High Speed Turbo Upto 15

I think the most you can get a credit for is 2-3 months back if a price drop occurred a long while back?

I'm most likely wrong about the credit, but it does not hurt to call in to billing to have a correction applied.
said by Roofer:

said by South_of_22:

On the Telus website, HS Turbo is $44 bundled. I am being charged $52 (I also have telephone, which is on top of the $52).

Is this an example of a company intentionally overcharging, and hopes the customer doesn't notice, or is too lazy to complain?

CR1239
join:2006-11-04
Vancouver, BC

CR1239 to Roofer

to Roofer
said by Roofer:

said by South_of_22:

The price stays at what you signed up for, unless you call in to change it, if the price drops later.
markv
join:2011-02-23

markv

LOL, so the price will increase automatically, but not decrease? God bless new styles of negative billing.

Branflakes
@74.198.150.x

Branflakes

Anon

Telus customer service at its finest. So if the price goes down they don't tell you and don't change/update your bill, yet toot the horn. Is that legal?

Imagine when Telus UBB comes and it's $2 per GB overages and a year later drops to something like 50cents but they never told you but happily charged you the extra.... WOW

JammerMan79
Premium Member
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79 to tofusl

Premium Member

to tofusl

Re: [BC] Usage on Bill

or you could check your prices and the market and occasionally call...
All I'm asking for is some resemblance of personal responsibility

If you have a mortgage at 4.5%, does your bank have the obligation to call you and advise that it can be changed to 3%?
OR do you have the obligation to contact them and advise them that you'd like a different rate

That being said... TELUS does in fact proactively contact customers to offer new services and rates... Either you haven't been called YET or you've hung up on telemarketers

South_of_22

South_of_22

said by JammerMan79:

or you could check your prices and the market and occasionally call...
All I'm asking for is some resemblance of personal responsibility

If you have a mortgage at 4.5%, does your bank have the obligation to call you and advise that it can be changed to 3%?
OR do you have the obligation to contact them and advise them that you'd like a different rate

That being said... TELUS does in fact proactively contact customers to offer new services and rates... Either you haven't been called YET or you've hung up on telemarketers

Yes, it is the responsibility of the customer to check on prices and call in to have their monthly rate reduced if need be.
I have done so myself on a few occasions as I am on a month to month billing with no contract.

As for mortgage rates, different scenario. It's a signed contract with a locked in rate. But when you initially sign, you can choose to have a variable rate mortgage (pending approval) and your rates will reflect the month to month bank rates. If you wish to get out of your locked in contract to have a lower posted rate, you can choose to pay a penalty on the remainder of the term.

Same goes for cellphone plans.
If month to month, you have the freedom to call in whenever better plans arise.
If locked in by contract, pay a penalty.
Lite_Me_Up
join:2008-10-14
v3b

Lite_Me_Up to South_of_22

to South_of_22
said by South_of_22:

tofusl

Upto 6 Mbps is $31/month in a bundle, $36/month if not.

So yes, you are paying $3 per month more than you should.

Call in and get it corrected.

Apparently Telus "fixed" the page......

OfficialWord
@shawcable.net

OfficialWord to tofusl

Anon

to tofusl
I was thinking about switching but not if Telus is going to start charging for going over.

What is the official position JammerMan, TierX and Symtec? Is Telus planning on charging for going over? If not, why did you update the bills to include the over usage?
tofusl
join:2009-04-08

tofusl to Lite_Me_Up

to Lite_Me_Up
After looking through all my bills, I noticed I've been paying the $34/month price since April 2011. Prior to that it was $32/month.

I asked for the price to be adjusted to $31... so we'll have to see how that goes next month now.

Dammon
join:2004-09-25
Burnaby, BC

Dammon to tofusl

to tofusl
I called Telus back in February to have my bill lowered by $3 and they did so immediately. Now I've just received my April eBill and it's still showing the lower price, so maybe those of us who asked for the price adjustment will get to keep it. However, my PDF statement now shows the usage summary from March 9-31. I don't use more than 100GB of the 150GB official quota so I'm not overly concerned.

M_
join:2010-05-01
Vancouver, BC

M_ to Lite_Me_Up

to Lite_Me_Up
said by Lite_Me_Up:

said by South_of_22:

tofusl

Upto 6 Mbps is $31/month in a bundle, $36/month if not.

So yes, you are paying $3 per month more than you should.

Call in and get it corrected.

Apparently Telus "fixed" the page......

[att=1]

This is what I couldn't understand. It made no sense to me that last month the advertised prices dropped, something that absolutely never happens.

So, one month later, the prices go back to where they were 2 months ago. Someone made a blunder in the head office, obviously.

South_of_22

South_of_22 to tofusl

to tofusl
Just was able to download my April bill in PDF format

Looks like I used 30gigs in a single day.
340gigs of 500gigs total for march.

Three devices running Netflix will do that I guess.

Hopefully I will not have any billing surprises in the future.

Oh well. Will have to monitor the household traffic.

Just wish Telus had a working up to date/hourly monitor to let you know how much bandwidth you used, without having to have to wait for the bill to arrive to find out if you were within your limit or not.
BadMagpie
join:2011-02-05

BadMagpie to tofusl

to tofusl
I hit 416GB in the last billing cycle. Oddly enough, a few days were missing from the record. I'll probably have to go with the truly unlimited 25/5 business package if they actually start charging people.
telususer
join:2006-03-05
Burnaby, BC

telususer to tofusl

to tofusl
My monthly bill was due April 5th, but it's now the 11th and they haven't charged me. Are there delays happening in the billing department?
rewrite2
join:2008-06-29

rewrite2

waiting for my bill as well, which is supposed to show up after 7th. Looking through my past bills, i still don't see any usage stats in the PDF files. Will see what I have in the April bill.
titan_rw
join:2007-08-23

titan_rw to tofusl

to tofusl
Has anybody actually gotten charged for overage as a result of this bill? In their online page, I have email warnings turned on for usage. I regularly use more than the allocated bandwidth. Just checked my last bill, and there is usage there. It's also showing more than 500 gigs (25mbit vdsl, no tv), and there's no charge.

I consider this a fairly light month too. Other months I've done around 1tb total. DD-WRT on my router keeps track of bandwidth, albeit by the calendar month, not by Telus's billing cycle.

If they start charging for overage, their email warning thing better start working first. Otherwise I won't be paying. And immediately switching to Shaw. The fact that Telus isn't / wasn't charging for overage is one of the main reasons I'm still with Telus. I've had Telus DSL since 2000, but I'm not opposed to switching if overage billing happens.

tudorwise
@telus.net

tudorwise

Anon

said by titan_rw:

Has anybody actually gotten charged for overage as a result of this bill?

No. Telus does not charge for overage. Their current enforcement policy is that they may monitor your usage and if your usage becomes abusive then they will contact you to discuss upgrading to a higher level package. Abuse is defined as exceeding your allotment by a significant amount for several months in a row.

Telus has not announced any change to this policy.
titan_rw
join:2007-08-23

titan_rw

said by tudorwise :

No. Telus does not charge for overage. Their current enforcement policy is that they may monitor your usage and if your usage becomes abusive then they will contact you to discuss upgrading to a higher level package. Abuse is defined as exceeding your allotment by a significant amount for several months in a row.

7 out of the last 8 months I've been over my 'official' allotment (500gig). I am already on the 'biggest' highest level package Telus offers. What could they upgrade me to?

Here's my bandwidth usage per calender month as tracked by my router (dd-wrt, up + down, byte for byte):

Aug 2011: 1,069 gig
Sep 2011: 560 gig
Oct 2011: 492 gig
Nov 2011: 740 gig
Dec 2011: 818 gig
Jan 2012: 648 gig
Feb 2012: 595 gig
Mar 2012: 624 gig
Apr 2012 (so far this month): 401 gig. Projected monthly total: 871 gig. (401/(14/30)).

This is all on a 25mbit internet account (no tv).

Everytime I've checked online, the 'usage' is always at 0 out of 500 gig (0%). I'm surprised to see daily totals in the bill. The only reason I'm still on Telus is that they don't (didn't?) seem to care about how much bandwidth you use. With Shaw's speed offerings, and having unlimited accounts available, Telus better not start charging for overage, or a lot of people are going to jump ship. I've been with Telus for DSL since 2000 when they bought out Cadvision. The only reason I was on Cadvision at first was that they officially stated no bandwidth limits.
telususer
join:2006-03-05
Burnaby, BC

telususer to tudorwise

to tudorwise
Finally got my bill and I used 244 out of 250GB. I currently have no way of monitoring my usage on a daily basis. They can't upgrade my internet package because it's not available.

HenryVIII
@shawcable.net

HenryVIII to tudorwise

Anon

to tudorwise
said by tudorwise :

said by titan_rw:

Has anybody actually gotten charged for overage as a result of this bill?

Telus has not announced any change to this policy.

They may not have announced any change to this policy but they sure did update the bills to support usage based billing. I don't think they would take the time and trouble for all of that work unless they wanted to use it.

And the silence from the Telus people like TierX, JammerMan, nss_tech speaks volumes. Why don't they come out and say that Telus has no plans to implement usage based billing. Oh right, they can't because it isn't true!

tudorwise
@telus.net

tudorwise

Anon

said by HenryVIII :

They may not have announced any change to this policy but they sure did update the bills to support usage based billing. I don't think they would take the time and trouble for all of that work unless they wanted to use it.

There is a lot of value in showing customers how much they are using without actually charging overage fees. Don't jump to any conclusions.

And the silence from the Telus people like TierX, JammerMan, nss_tech speaks volumes. Why don't they come out and say that Telus has no plans to implement usage based billing. Oh right, they can't because it isn't true!

The "Telus people" are not authorized spokespeople for Telus so its very correct of them to not comment on behalf of Telus.

Don't create a stir over nothing.
rewrite2
join:2008-06-29

rewrite2 to telususer

to telususer
got my bill too, but still no usage information in the pdf file. I guess no usage for optik tv customers yet?

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to tudorwise

Premium Member

to tudorwise
said by tudorwise :

Don't jump to any conclusions.

Snicker.
said by tudorwise :

Says the spider to the fly.

Later there's running... and screaming....

Here's better advice. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

UBB is like taking a shit. Everyone is doing it.

Mike

HenryVIII
@shawcable.net

HenryVIII to tudorwise

Anon

to tudorwise
said by tudorwise :

said by HenryVIII :

There is a lot of value in showing customers how much they are using without actually charging overage fees. Don't jump to any conclusions.

The "Telus people" are not authorized spokespeople for Telus so its very correct of them to not comment on behalf of Telus.

If they only wanted to show usage on the bill why did they include the extra column with the usage dollar amount. They wouldn't have added that unless they planned on using it. Please explain your dismissive thoughts on this one.

As for the "unauthorized" employees, they are the first to trumpet when Telus launches a new offer. If they feel comfortable about doing that, they should feel comfortable about letting us know if UBB is coming. If they don't, then they are just shills for the company.

What do you have to hide Telus? Why won't you let us know what is going on and what plans Telus has for UBB? Like I said before, the silence speaks volumes.

Branflakes
@74.198.150.x

Branflakes to tudorwise

Anon

to tudorwise
said by tudorwise :

And you know this because you work for Telus and are the official mouthpiece on DSL reports? How do you know that they can't officially speak? If you aren't officially speaking then your in the same boat as everyone else which means your opinion is one of many all equally important. No need to knock opinions of others, as do I ask it seems you obviously work for Telus but avoided all questions on this development...