uniqs

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

Re: DIR-825 Wireless Problem

Today my DIR-825 pissed me off for the last time and so I've replaced it with a Netgear WNDR4500 (canoe.ca works correctly), now if the Netgear doesn't drop all the time like the D-Link did, I'll be a very happy Netgear user.

So far I've seen a big speed increase with the WNDR4500.

Blake

Chris24
@telus.net

Chris24

Anon

Link Logger, I've had very similar issues with my DIR-825 and am frustrated too. I've tried everything in these posts and still have problems streaming video from some sites and dropped connections. I'm looking at changing routers, how have you liked your WNDR4500 since moving to it? Big change?

Thanks!

BimmerE38FN
join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN

Do you see this in different browsers? Does it happen if your directly connected to the ISP modem? What FW do you have loaded. Seems like this could be an issue in Canada. I don't see this here in the U.S.

Also the DIR-857 released up there.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to Chris24

MVM

to Chris24
said by Chris24 :

I'm looking at changing routers, how have you liked your WNDR4500 since moving to it? Big change?

The Netgear WNDR4500 is one of the best wireless routers I've worked with in Years .... highly recommended.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger to Chris24

MVM

to Chris24
So far I'm really liking my new router. Zero problems thus far, faster then my old router and so I'm glad I switched.

Blake

Chris24
@telus.net

Chris24

Anon

Ya, I picked up the WNDR4500 on Thursday last week and I can't believe the difference it made. I noticed a huge improvement in wireless strength and speed... crazy. I honestly should have made this change awhile ago.

Thanks for all the help everyone, really appreciated it.

I'm not saying the DIR-825 is a bad router or anything but clearly it wasn't the right one for me. Maybe I had a bad unit. I just can't believe the difference the WNDR4500 has made though.