Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

[Weather] Well..it was a blast...

But...as with everything...all good things always come to an end.

And to be followed by: April Showers...(so we can get May flowers) ...and Mayflowers bring Pilgrims.

Of course, after 27C record highs, how did you folks like these past two weeks?

Poll
These past two weeks have been

Awesome!

Sucks - it was supposed to be winter

Beer man

Wasted my money going someplace warm :huh:

Votes:29

--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20

yoyomhz

join:2003-02-15
Beverly Hills, CA
it snowed here two days ago.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to J E F F
Toronto is still above average for the next 2 weeks.

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
reply to J E F F
It was a great kickstart for the warmer season
Sure got a lot of people out there eh ?

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to elwoodblues
Except for Tuesday, which appears to be around normal..or slightly below...(this screenshot was taken from the Toronto Weather forecast)

Still...not bad....if we get that sun those two days...will help out the tree's, despite colder weather.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to koira
The one place I do business with (bar) broke all their records for these past 2 weeks. Of course, St. Pats help out, but that day was up by 44% over their previous high.

Ran out of some kegs...chicken wings...(or back-logged at least) I believe their tally was about 9,000 pints over 4 days.
--

jfmezei
Premium
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC
kudos:23

1 edit
Feels like fall in montreal today. very cold. Only about +15. And while it is still +10 tonight, by monday/tueday, we are getting winter weather with lows well below freezing.

An advantage to having such a short 5 day summer is that you don't have to pickup leaves or mow the lawn or have epic fights against weeds. The disadvantage is having a 360 day winter following 5 days of summer. :-(

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
reply to J E F F
so the question is :

safe to take the winter tires off or wait a week ?
this last week was brutal on wear I'm sure, even driving easy I smelled a lot of rubber

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Toronto is still above average for the next 2 weeks.

Exactly. We really have nothing to complain about.

Furthermore, while there is always the chance of snow in April in Southern Ontario, in all likelihood there won't be, and keeping your snows on is just going to burn through the rubber quickly than you have to.

alamarco
Premium
join:2003-06-18
Windsor, ON
reply to J E F F
Hopefully it doesn't rain much tomorrow. I plan to do some golfing Sunday and if it rains too much will most likely mean just a trip to the driving range. The temperature shouldn't be too bad this weekend.

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
reply to J E F F
i really hope this warm spurt wasn't a precursor to what the summer is going to be like. this whole winter was in this yo-yo of snow then warmth, and we didn't get much snow at all. if we get another summer of 50C humidexes, i'm going to scream.

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
Just watched a documentary about Peter and Olivia each struggling to figure out if they should get back together while trying to solve mysterious crimes. This is shot in Vancouver.

Interesting that as we have emerged from winter, we see scenes of Vancouver in winter with snow.

Anyone know what day of the year it snowed in Vancouver ? It seemed to get cold enough that some ponds in stanley park were partly frozen. (knowing what day it snowed would tell us when it was shot).

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
reply to J E F F
Well it's damn miserable outside today, it's not cold per se, but just rainy/cloudy. Good time to continue my digital archiving.

Got my "Angelo" Hat on to get fills.
Expand your moderator at work

mr weather
Premium
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON
reply to koira

Re: [Weather] Well..it was a blast...

said by koira:

so the question is :

safe to take the winter tires off or wait a week ?

i swapped mine out last evening. If we get snow in April it wont stick around for long. I'm prepared to take that risk.
--
"It's all coming down!!" - Mike Holmes

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to J E F F
I was relaying the weather to a friends who are in the Bahamas right now. They were wondering why they bothered to go away, given that the temperatures here were almost the same as down there, but I reminded them that they can scuba dive every day down there while up here that's an activity that is still more than a bit chilly. Better rum punches down there too.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreams learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

Join Team Helix

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
Windy in montreal since last night. temperature going down to -9 tonight. Temp barely went above 0 today.

The fat lady hasn't sung yet. Winter isn't over.

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Same here in Ottawa. I just got back from the park with my daughter and it's freezing due to the wind.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
reply to J E F F
I broke down and turned the heat back on, only to 63f though, that's toasty enough

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
reply to J E F F
This is NORMAL people!

March has always been a swing month when it comes to the weather!

If the planet didn't have the nasty habit of tilting sideways every six months, the temperature would be much more stable. But it does tilt, and we have to live with the consequences.
--
Watch my future television channel's public test broadcast!
»thecanadianpublic.com/live

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
This March has been one for the records though...around here, never seen 8 straight days of 20+. Tree's are around getting their leaves. Grass is a lush green, will likely have to cut Thursday.
--

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
West island of montreal just got a white coat of snow.

Winter ain't over !

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
We like to complain about our weather.

Look at the following BBC report about Fiji.

»www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17577781

Most of Canada never gets extreme weather. We complain it there is a thunderstorm with ice pellets that damage the top fo your car.

And except for a few cases, many of the spring flood happen on plains where the water rises to flood a large area but doesn'T have torrential speeds.

Fiji is a country where people have few means, and their homes aren't exactly built to canadian standards, so when there is flooding of that nature it is devastating to a lot of people who lose their homes.

Having cycled around the main island, I saw areas that were better off due to revenues from western resorts (who pay rent to the tribe who owns the land) and I saw (and stayed at) a tribe that has no revenue and lives off the land with little contact with civilisation.

Our complaints about weather are pale in comparison to 3rd world countries that really do get devastated by severe weather.