spc
Search similar:

uniqs
gkandra
join:2004-02-19
Bay Village, OH

gkandra

sound dropout

Anyone else watching the Ohio U/UNC game on TBS tonight? Are you noticing any sound dropouts? I just got Ultra TV installed yesterday and this is the first time I'm noticing it. I've switched over to CBS tonight to watch some of the Xavier game but havden't noticed it on CBS.
bsipe9
join:2007-03-24
Berea, OH

bsipe9

I didn't have any issues on TBS or CBS. FoxSportsOhio on the other hand always has obnoxiously delayed audio for me and my In-laws a mile away. Imagine the worst synced audio then add a full second more. During Cavs games, the players will all stop moving, the player who had the ball will start walking towards the foul line, and THEN you'll hear the ref's whistle blow.
tuumi
join:2012-03-24
Roseville, MI

tuumi to gkandra

to gkandra
I just got Ultra TV late last night and have playing with it all morning and afternoon. I, too, notice audio drop outs from time to time. I haven't noticed if it was a particular station or not. I'll start paying attention.
BrookparkBob
join:2012-03-05
Brook Park, OH

BrookparkBob to gkandra

to gkandra
I have been having more frequent audio dropouts on a number of channels. I have friends that also have noticed. It seems to be a recent development.
smellslikeMI
join:2012-02-15
Troy, MI

smellslikeMI to gkandra

to gkandra
i get drop outs frequently. recorded tv, live tv, any channel. i usually just do an instant replay rewind and it comes back. it's frustrating.
sgc7
join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL

sgc7 to gkandra

to gkandra
Is everyone with the sound dropouts using WOW!-provided HDMI cords? I believe that one of the members of my household has noticed it on an SD TV too.
smellslikeMI
join:2012-02-15
Troy, MI

smellslikeMI

no, they didn't give me any HDMI cables. they just re-used the ones i already had. this happens to me on my new Ultra TV
gkandra
join:2004-02-19
Bay Village, OH

gkandra

I'm not only experience audio dropout but also experiencing video studdering. What I mean by that is the video will freeze for a second or two and then sync back up.
NuclearXP9
join:2012-04-12
Trenton, MI

NuclearXP9 to gkandra

to gkandra
I am as well. Unfortunately after a lengthy call with WOW customer support, this is considered "acceptible" for a digital video technology. The person I spoke to actually compared it to the analog to digital transition of cell phones.

I'm growing tired of them always resorting to sending a "hit" to my devices to refresh them. Clearly we're all getting digital breakup that WOW feels is acceptible. The best thing to do is call in and tell them, and request your account be compensated (they gave me $20 off). They will not have a sense of urgency to fix digital signal issues unless they get calls in and start losing money!
adymax
join:2012-03-14
Rolling Meadows, IL

adymax

I had this one year ago when I sign up with WOW and I dropped them after 2 month. I don’t want image freezing for 10-20 sec when watching a sports live event. I just sign up with WOW again and getting installed tomorrow. If this is happening again I look somewhere else.