spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Rahail
join:2005-12-21
Troy, MI

Rahail

m0n0 help

Its Been while I did not used the m0n0 I am having heard time to configure public IP address Please see below what my provider

gave me..

WAN: 216.XXX.XXX.102 255.255.255.252
GW: 216.XXX.XXX.101

LAN: 74.XXX.X.64 255.255.255.248 (First Usable: 74.XXX.X.65)

Here what I did is:

ON Wan interface I select it Satatic ip: 216.XX.XXX.102
gateway 216.XXX.XXX.101

so my Wrap board got 3 interface

1. Wan
2. Lan
3. Optional

If i put my computer behind lan i can browse net etc

However I enabel the optional interface and I select Bridge with WAN and I put thos 74 satastic IP on my laptop...and I am not able to brose or ping

any idea how can I do that
Rahail

Rahail

Superdog or lutful please answer... i know you guys kn0w the answer

Any one else please advice urgently

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak to Rahail

Premium Member

to Rahail
Is your LAN port the NAT Masq port?

Take your optional interface out of the bridge with WAN

Assign the optional interface the first usable 74 IP
assign your laptop the 2nd usable (or 3rd, etc) and use the first usable as the gateway IP.

If anything, bridge your LAN and optional ports.

Rahail
Troy, MI

Rahail

Thank you so much... I got it work.... but sometime once in while have problem so I am still learning

superdog
I Need A Drink
MVM
join:2001-07-13
Lebanon, PA

superdog to Rahail

MVM

to Rahail
It really isn't a lot different than setting up a Linksys router. You have to put one of the useable IP's into the WAN interface. Usually the first IP, IE, 192.168.1.1) then set the LAN side to bridge with WAN mode and off you go. Once you do this, you must also make sure you have done/checked the following:
change the IP address of your computer
renew its DHCP lease
access the webGUI with the new IP address
be sure to add firewall rules to permit traffic through the interface.
You also need firewall rules for an interface in bridged mode as the firewall acts as a filtering bridge.

If you wish to NAT everything on the LAN side? it's obvious that you will need to follow a different set of rules. Not to be mean or ugly, but M0n0wall has a great help section. If you read it, re-read it and play with your configuration, you will figure it out. The main difference between M0n0wall and a Linksys unit is the amount of options you have on the firewall side. The best way to handle it is to forget about/turn OFF all the complex settings and just start with he simple things. Once you have that down, start by changing one rule at a time (keeping notes of what you did each time!).

This is how I did my PFSense box. My M0n0wall unit was setup by my IT guy and (believe it or not?) LUTFUL!, Lol. Anyways, take your time and learn as you go. There is no replacement for hands on experience.

clarknova
join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB

clarknova to Rahail

to Rahail
You have to do what Inssomniak said and turn on manual outbound NAT. If you use automatic NAT then the hosts in your OPT subnet will have internet access, but they will be NATed same as your LAN hosts, appear to be coming from your WAN IP address, and not be reachable from the internet without port-forward configuration. In other words, a waste of your public subnet.

Rahail
Troy, MI

Rahail

Thank you guy's Yeap it worked... Now trying to figer out how to use 2 different sub net in 1 interface..

also any one have any recommendation for pf sense hardware that will give GIG port

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak

Premium Member

said by Rahail:

Thank you guy's Yeap it worked... Now trying to figer out how to use 2 different sub net in 1 interface..

also any one have any recommendation for pf sense hardware that will give GIG port

Probably any intel based pro/1000 will work, very common and well performing gig-e port.