MVM,
join:2001-01-27
22152-1106
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

grobinette

MVM,

Hummingbird Migration

Hey DC DSL See Profile it's getting that time to make up your sugar water and hang the feeder

»www.hummingbirds.net/map.html

I suspect that with the warm weather they might be a little earlier this season.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL

Premium Member

Ya know, we were just wondering last week when they were going to show up. The feeder's clean and ready to go up. I took work onto the balcony a few days this week and I thought I saw one out of the corner of my eye but didn't get a good enough look. I'll make up a batch of nectar now. Thanks for the heads-up!

Rxdoxx

join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD

Rxdoxx to grobinette

to grobinette
TY, gonna be humming on it now

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC

DC DSL to grobinette

Premium Member

to grobinette
I put my feeder out before we left this morning...I don't think anyone's found it yet.

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
MVM,
22152-1106
·Verizon FiOS

grobinette

MVM,

Last year you had your feeder up on April 4. With the early warm weather, the plants they feed on should be blooming earlier.

At least I am hopeful that is the case, since there are already sightings on the migration map this far north. I'm going to make up my juice this evening and put mine up in the morning as a sign of my hopeless optimism.

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC

DC DSL

Premium Member

If Guzzler makes it back, I'm sure he'll reclaim it and declare himself the Numero Uno.

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
MVM,
22152-1106
·Verizon FiOS

grobinette

MVM,

And rightly so. We had one we called Ratchet because he sounded like he might have a little rotary cuff issue.

He came back for about 5 or 6 years. One year he came back and went to the hook where the feeder was supposed to be. Because I had not hung it out yet and happened to be in the back yard at the time he came over, got right in my face chittering away and gave me shit for not having his feeder out in a timely manner.
Pugnacious is how my bird book describes them.

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

1 recommendation

DC DSL

Premium Member

My gang got to the point where they would tolerate us out on the balcony if we were sitting at the table, but not otherwise. If we were not in compliance, they would hover a few feet off the deck and dart about, clearly saying "Yo! Big things! Get lost."

I did manage to get a few photos of them with my phone.