share rss forum feed

mm
I Did It My Way
Premium
join:2001-04-07
Summerville, SC
kudos:1

[request] Google forum for Chrome, GMail, iGoogle, Calandar, Map

I would like to see a dedicated forum for anything related to Google.

I recently posted a discussion about iGoogle and the moderator moved my discussion to General Questions where it died. If you look in General Questions right now you have a Ceiling Fan question, Blender, IRA questions and mess of questions that is just too wide. Google related topics don't belong there and many technical folks don't seem to visit that discussion area, so Google discussions fade very quickly.

Considering how popular Google is and now that they have a very competitive browser and popular email and Android they deserve their own forum.

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7

Re: Google forum for Chrome, GMail, iGoogle, Calandar, Maps ....

This has been requested before.

Personally, I *agree* with the idea.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
reply to mm
**********SIGN*************

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to mm
*sign*

MSeng
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-08
join:2000-07-13
Ork
kudos:6
reply to mm
So would you suggest they rename the Android forum instead of creating a new one?
--
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ
said by MSeng:

So would you suggest they rename the Android forum instead of creating a new one?

yes, I advocated for this when there were requesting the android forum..
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--
google this "(sqrt(cos(x))*cos(200*x)+sqrt(abs(x))-0.7)*(4-x*x)^0.01, sqrt(9-x^2), -sqrt(9-x^2)"

Hall
Premium,MVM
Germantown, OH
reply to MSeng
said by MSeng:

The Android forum ? Will the Windows, Mac, All Things Unix forums be renamed as well ?

MSeng
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-08
join:2000-07-13
Ork
kudos:6
Far as I know there isn't a Windows forum. What's your point?

It makes no sense to create a new forum, rename the Android forum "All Things Google". If one wants to talk hardware then post in the Gadgets forum.

BTW, to the original poster -- I "Sign" to a Google related forum.
--
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.

Hall
Premium,MVM
Germantown, OH
said by MSeng:

Far as I know there isn't a Windows forum. What's your point?

»Microsoft

That is a "Windows" forum, among other topics it covers...

iamwhatiam

@verizon.net
reply to mm
So you'd rather come here to talk about Google stuff instead of using one of the hundreds of forums that Google itself provides to discuss problems, issues, etc. related to Google products and sites? And you think a Broadband Tech General forum isn't "Google-y" enough? (You did notice that topics do get moved to the "appropriate" forum eventually, right?) Yes, let's do have a Google forum--as with "WOW" it could be another forum I never have to go to (in order to avoid that which offends).

Hall
Premium,MVM
Germantown, OH
said by iamwhatiam :

Yes, let's do have a Google forum--as with "WOW" it could be another forum I never have to go to (in order to avoid that which offends).

To each his/her own... There are PLENTY of forums or sub-forums here that most people never visit, myself included.

mm
I Did It My Way
Premium
Summerville, SC
reply to iamwhatiam
said by iamwhatiam :

So you'd rather come here to talk about Google stuff instead of using one of the hundreds of forums that Google itself provides to discuss problems, issues, etc. related to Google products and sites? And you think a Broadband Tech General forum isn't "Google-y" enough? (You did notice that topics do get moved to the "appropriate" forum eventually, right?) Yes, let's do have a Google forum--as with "WOW" it could be another forum I never have to go to (in order to avoid that which offends).

With your thinking then why do we have Windows help forum or hardware discussion forum or digital photography? There are dozens of other places to discuss those topics also. The reason why many come here is simple, a better quality of people who can help and discuss. I am frustrated with google questions ending up in general discussions with blender and IRS questions.... The moderators IMHO are wrong to move them there.

Hall
Premium,MVM
Germantown, OH
said by mm:

The moderators IMHO are wrong to move them there.

I'm sure it's a case of "where do we put this?" and that's a catch-all location. If there's a better spot, you can certainly suggest it. I've asked a Word or Excel question in the Microsoft forum and made the mistake of mentioning it's on a MAC .... and it got moved to the MAC forum. In some cases, I can understand. In mine though, the OS had NO bearing on the issue.

mm
I Did It My Way
Premium
Summerville, SC
said by Hall:

said by mm:

The moderators IMHO are wrong to move them there.

I'm sure it's a case of "where do we put this?" and that's a catch-all location. If there's a better spot, you can certainly suggest it. I've asked a Word or Excel question in the Microsoft forum and made the mistake of mentioning it's on a MAC .... and it got moved to the MAC forum. In some cases, I can understand. In mine though, the OS had NO bearing on the issue.

That case plain and simple the moderator made a mistake and that is frustrating. They clearly did not read your post to justify moving to Apple.

The general forum right now has a renting a house and fabric cleaner questions. How do you mix in google product discussions between those types of questions? The general forum is not a place for technical discussions with it's broad range of questions.

SNT
Premium
join:2002-07-17
Satellite Beach, FL
reply to mm
Sign.

I don't know why it's such a big deal.

Hall
Premium,MVM
Germantown, OH
reply to mm
This isn't the first time this has been requested and one can't deny the "popularity" of Google. I wonder if there's an anti-Google mentality here ?

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ
they use analytics and adwords

actor90
Never a dull moment
Premium
join:2003-07-21
Jackson, NJ
reply to mm
***SIGN***

I have signed for this in the past, and it went no where. If anything it was angrily voted against by others.

Hall
Premium,MVM
Germantown, OH
reply to AVD
said by AVD:

they use analytics and adwords

And one of the primary reasons is ... $$$

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP