Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

2 recommendations

darcilicious

Premium Member

Grimm renewed for second season

Couldn't find a current thread for Grimm, sorry if I missed it.

»www.ismyshowcancelled.co ··· -season/

We've got five more eps for this season, the next ep airing on Friday (3/30).

Glad it will be returning, wasn't sure if it would survive it's current relatively slow pace of unraveling the overall story arc

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis

Mod

I gotta say been enjoying this show so far. Usually they cancel shows I like.

Reno7
Premium Member
join:2008-10-26
Keller, TX

Reno7 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious

Good deal.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I'm behind a few episodes, but I'm glad they renewed it. I like it overall, but my biggest problem with the show is the same as the OP's.

Remember the X-Files, when you wanted the next episode to cover the main underlying story (and, as the BNL song points out, hope the cigarette-smoking guy was in it ) versus the generic monster of the week?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Haven suffered the same problem -- wasn't until towards the end of the first season that the story arc picked up and was much more part of the episodes in season two.

MrMoody
Free range slave
Premium Member
join:2002-09-03
Smithfield, NC

1 recommendation

MrMoody to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I've been watching & enjoying this too, despite the fact that this doesn't seem like something I would normally like. Like Fringe, it's the characters. Monroe makes the show for me, it wouldn't be nearly as good without him.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
good, This show has proven to be interesting. A bummer it's opposite of supernatural. They'd be good together.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Sweet! I'm enjoying this show too. Monroe cracks me up.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

1 recommendation

footballdude to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I like this show but it definitely needs to evolve past the current rut it's in. So far it's mostly a boring police procedural with a beast of the week thrown on top. So much more they could do with this if they tried.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by footballdude:

I like this show but it definitely needs to evolve past the current rut it's in. So far it's mostly a boring police procedural with a beast of the week thrown on top. So much more they could do with this if they tried.

Agreed.

Reno7
Premium Member
join:2008-10-26
Keller, TX

Reno7 to MrMoody

Premium Member

to MrMoody
said by MrMoody:

I've been watching & enjoying this too, despite the fact that this doesn't seem like something I would normally like. Like Fringe, it's the characters. Monroe makes the show for me, it wouldn't be nearly as good without him.

I think w/o Monroe the show would have failed already. The main character Nick is kind of boring. His personality is like Ward Cleaver reborn or something. That's fine, he just needs good people around him. The black detective (guilty of corny acting) isn't it at all. Monroe saves the show.

The first season of Supernatural was just like Grimm. For many (many) episodes it was just a town to town standard monster kill with only slight hints about their missing father (until near the end of the season).

iamwhatiam
@verizon.net

iamwhatiam to footballdude

Anon

to footballdude
said by footballdude:

So far it's mostly a boring police procedural with a beast of the week thrown on top.

Replace "police procedural" and "beast of the week" with "teen angst drama" and "freak of the week" and you'd have Smallville (season 1+). (Don't know if that's a good thing or not.)

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

Well, at least with "teen angst" there's some drama/tension -- in Grimm, there's hardly any because Nick doesn't know enough (still!) about his part in the greater scheme of things and doesn't know anything about his "bad" captain, etc.

They really really need to pick up the pace on the backstory, etc.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

Yeah, too bad that relative (aunt?) showed up and got killed almost immediately. He needs another backstory relative to show up.

iamwhatiam
@verizon.net

iamwhatiam

Anon

Surprising they don't have any ghosts (yet? maybe they did and I missed it--haven't seen a lot of the episodes, only enough to know I mostly like the show).

footballdude
Premium Member
Imperial, MO

Premium Member

to darcilicious
For some reason, my kids like this show, even though it's a little gruesome. My daughter noticed one flaw. In the episode with the young werewolf girl in the woods, the two bubbas capture some dude and tie him up in their basement. They beat him up and get him to tell them where to look in the woods. Then they leave him tied up in their basement and promise to finish him off when they get back. They subsequently get killed and no one ever does anything about the poor dude tied up in a basement. He never gets mentioned again.

Every time I watch an ep of Grimm, my daughter asks me if they ever found the poor dude in the basement.

iamwhatiam
@verizon.net

iamwhatiam

Anon

Something for the DVD extras/deleted scenes.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Good news.
It's a pretty good show, but I'd also like it if they got the bigger story arc moving a little more quickly.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I like.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

1 recommendation

darcilicious to Rook008

Premium Member

to Rook008
I really want to like this show but it's STILL too much "monster of the week" and not enough of the overall mythology of the actual story.

Also, anyone flashback to seasons of Highlander where the hero is special, his partner/friend knows something is going on but not what and drives himself and his partner nuts in trying to figure it out and meanwhile, the girlfriend is more or less in the dark but is starting to wonder and... blargh.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to darcilicious

MVM

to darcilicious
Glad to hear it's coming back. First half of the season was blah. It's gotten much better now that they're getting more people involved in Nick's "Scooby Gang".

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
The larger arc has taken a lot of time to develop, but it's getting more interesting with the latest episode.
Hopefully the wife starts to poke around after having the hybrid hair sample checked out.
And I don't get why the partner isn't more curious as to why Monroe is constantly showing up as part of so many investigations. And after seeing "Bigfoot" he should really be asking Nick more questions.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Next week maybe a fun one. If the previews gave any clues.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

I hope so.
I don't usually see the previews for following episodes, so whatever happens, it'll be a total surprise to me.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

Well that was a pretty good episode and a great way to end the season.

Was it me or did Nick finally get all bad-ass? Took him long enough.

Still, they could have lost 1/3 to 1/2 of the "monster of the week" episodes and gotten here much quicker.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Was that really the season finale?

Yeah, Nick really did get seriously bad ass. Looks like he finally accessed his inner Grimm.

footballdude
Premium Member
Imperial, MO

1 recommendation

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Awesome way to end season one. Already looking forward to season two.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Damn! You're serious?! That really was the season finale??? WTF?! That was one of the best episodes all season, and Nick was seriously bad ass, and with that surprise ending, they end the season?! Damnit!!!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I've been enjoying the show too.

and was worried that it might not make a season 2 because network execs hate me. (ok I know its not personal)
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to footballdude

Premium Member

to footballdude
said by footballdude:

Well they've been subtly adding here and there and making it harder for him to keep it from his girlfriend.

And they've been relealing more of the groups involved.

I suspect that in season 2 he'll have to bring his partaner into the fold (maybe sooner) and he might have more than just Monroe and friends at somepoint, after all its gotta grow.

Also I wanta know what kinda monster the cheif is.