uniqs
share rss forum feed

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
reply to darcilicious

Re: Grimm renewed for second season

Glad to hear it's coming back. First half of the season was blah. It's gotten much better now that they're getting more people involved in Nick's "Scooby Gang".

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to darcilicious
The larger arc has taken a lot of time to develop, but it's getting more interesting with the latest episode.
Hopefully the wife starts to poke around after having the hybrid hair sample checked out.
And I don't get why the partner isn't more curious as to why Monroe is constantly showing up as part of so many investigations. And after seeing "Bigfoot" he should really be asking Nick more questions.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
Next week maybe a fun one. If the previews gave any clues.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
I hope so.
I don't usually see the previews for following episodes, so whatever happens, it'll be a total surprise to me.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
reply to darcilicious
Well that was a pretty good episode and a great way to end the season.

Was it me or did Nick finally get all bad-ass? Took him long enough.

Still, they could have lost 1/3 to 1/2 of the "monster of the week" episodes and gotten here much quicker.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Was that really the season finale?

Yeah, Nick really did get seriously bad ass. Looks like he finally accessed his inner Grimm.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious
Awesome way to end season one. Already looking forward to season two.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Damn! You're serious?! That really was the season finale??? WTF?! That was one of the best episodes all season, and Nick was seriously bad ass, and with that surprise ending, they end the season?! Damnit!!!
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to darcilicious
I've been enjoying the show too.

and was worried that it might not make a season 2 because network execs hate me. (ok I know its not personal)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to footballdude
said by footballdude:

I like this show but it definitely needs to evolve past the current rut it's in. So far it's mostly a boring police procedural with a beast of the week thrown on top. So much more they could do with this if they tried.

Well they've been subtly adding here and there and making it harder for him to keep it from his girlfriend.

And they've been relealing more of the groups involved.

I suspect that in season 2 he'll have to bring his partaner into the fold (maybe sooner) and he might have more than just Monroe and friends at somepoint, after all its gotta grow.

Also I wanta know what kinda monster the cheif is.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to SixOfNine
said by SixOfNine:

Yeah, too bad that relative (aunt?) showed up and got killed almost immediately. He needs another backstory relative to show up.

his mother showed up

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
I'm realyl loving how this last episode ended, but woah! What a cliffhanger! I'm chomping at the bit to see the next episode!!!!!

Grimm, Person of Interest, and Nikita all had AMAZING endings!

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

I suspect that in season 2 he'll have to bring his partaner into the fold (maybe sooner)

Won't be sooner, the last episode of season one has already aired

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
reply to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Grimm, Person of Interest, and Nikita all had AMAZING endings!

So is Nikita that good? (beyond the eye candy, I mean )

I was a HUGE fan of the original series and only watched a few of the first season eps of this new one... Could I start with season two (or even halfway through season one) and not be missing much?

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Yes, Nikita is that good.

No, you should start at the very beginning and watch every episode. The series has a lot of good complexity, and character and plot development, and skipping your way through it, you would be missing a lot of crucial things.
--

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

1 recommendation

Excellent, thanks for that, will do this summer (I love series marathons )

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

In an earlier episode, they hinted that the chief is a member of one of the ruling families. I don't think he's a monster. Throughout season one, he got others to do his dirty work.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
I think he is a creature, but is a king of his area. Is is a member of one of the ruling familes, hence why he had his subjects do the dirty work for him.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

1 recommendation

reply to footballdude
said by footballdude:

said by DarkLogix:

In an earlier episode, they hinted that the chief is a member of one of the ruling families. I don't think he's a monster. Throughout season one, he got others to do his dirty work.

I think he's a member of one of the ruling monster families, notice how they actually fear him not just respect him, if he was human they wouldn't fear him.

But I also think he's learned enough to not be unmasked easily by a grimm.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Agreed.

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

I think he's a member of one of the ruling monster families, notice how they actually fear him not just respect him, if he was human they wouldn't fear him.

But I also think he's learned enough to not be unmasked easily by a grimm.

In one of the earlier eps, they said the Grimms made a deal and agreed to work for the ruling families. Don't think that would have happened if the rulers were monsters. Also, the monsters have Reapers that they send after Grimms, which they wouldn't need to do if monsters controlled the Grimms.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
I think its more of differant factions.

The captian had before been working with the reapers, but the families aren't happy that he's not killing the grimm yet because that grimm isn't sticking to the status quo.

Also I think its SOME grimms work for that one faction but not all.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

1 recommendation

reply to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Excellent, season one is on Netflix streaming -- I can start my marathon sooner

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to DarkLogix
Do you think Nick was able to go into a serious bad ass, ass kicking mode like that because he tapped into his inner Grimm, or was that do to the training he received at the Police Academy?

Because to me it looked like he was fighting normally and getting his ass handed to him, and then all of a sudden, a change overcame him, and you could visibly see his demeanor, and his fighting style went onto a whole other level.
--

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
I agree about the inner Grimm thing -- or suddenly he was just really motivated to find out what the heck happened to his parents from the one guy who would know.

He's got a ways to go yet though -- considering that his mom gave him the beat down

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
She has been it it far longer than he has you know.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Exactly.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to darcilicious
Buffy had to evolve into a bad ass, so I'd think Nick would have too as well.

Now if they jumped right into Nick's grimm career 1, 5, 10 years down the road, I'm sure he would be a total bad ass. But now he is just learning the ropes all by himself. So he has to figure things out as he goes along. Sure he has a "trusty" side kick, but Monroe only has the monster aspect of the grimm, not the "how do grimm's fight" aspect.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Monroe also has a few otehr things going for him to make him useful.

Connections.
Knowledge of other languages.
Knowledge of monsters that the books don't have.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Excellent, season one is on Netflix streaming -- I can start my marathon sooner

Thanks again for the recommendation -- way better than I had expected and I'm quite enjoying it (currently on episode 12).