Vancouver, BC
reply to dave778

Re: [BC] Broadband100 download speed only 1-4Mbps - Vancouver

internet speed back to normal... getting 30-40 ++++ great work shaw =D

janstan

join:2012-04-03
Vancouver, BC
reply to Lesaonar

Not to mention the Telus 3-year contract but your constant harking on about Telus in the Shaw section of the forum would cause us to believe you are a Telus Shill. After all your review on Telus is rather old. If you had asked me about Shaw only 3 weeks ago I would have reviewed them much more positively than I do so now.

Nevertheless it would appear that Shaw has been fixed so all may be good in Shaw land

janstan

Vancouver, BC
reply to dave778

Re: [BC] Broadband100 download speed FIXED??!!

Looks like this has been fixed. Let's hope so.

C750

@shawcable.net
reply to dave778

yay!

Lesaonar

join:2000-07-25
Victoria, BC
reply to janstan

said by janstan:

Not to mention the Telus 3-year contract but your constant harking on about Telus in the Shaw section of the forum would cause us to believe you are a Telus Shill. After all your review on Telus is rather old.

How does pointing out Telus' flaws make me a Telus shill? Do you even have a clue what a shill is? And my review on Telus, or the last update to it, was in Dec of 2011 which is hardly old. We were with Telus for less than a year and have been back with Shaw since Dec 2011.
--
Anon filter enabled. Register an account if you want to be taken seriously.

janstan

Vancouver, BC

This thread is discussing the problems with Shaw and not the problems with Telus.

shill: plant or stooge is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he or she has a close relationship with that person or organization.

Your inference of my having or not having a clue is bordering on a personal insult.

Perhaps it is you who did not understand the meaning of the word.

I did not say you were a shill - I said your constant straying from the topic would make us believe that you are.

3 months can be a long time in this industry.

Asimo

Richmond, BC
reply to dave778

Broadband 250 LOL

Douglas

@shawcable.net
reply to janstan

Re: [BC] Broadband100 download speed FIXED??!!

Yeah, everything seems to be back to normal for me too, thankfully. I wonder what changed.

dave778

join:2012-03-24
Vancouver, BC
reply to Asimo

So is everybody on broadband 100 getting 100Mbps download now?

Also is everyone on broadband 50 getting 50Mbps download now?

I'm still without internet since last night :-(

janstan

Vancouver, BC

I am now getting about 45-48 Mbps on BB50. I think that is pretty well close enough and more than I would really expect. To expect 50 or 100 Mbps is not realistic.

Lesaonar

join:2000-07-25
Victoria, BC
reply to janstan

said by janstan:

This thread is discussing the problems with Shaw and not the problems with Telus.

shill: plant or stooge is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he or she has a close relationship with that person or organization.

Your inference of my having or not having a clue is bordering on a personal insult.

Perhaps it is you who did not understand the meaning of the word.

I did not say you were a shill - I said your constant straying from the topic would make us believe that you are.

3 months can be a long time in this industry.

By definition, someone pointing out Telus' issues would neither denote them as a Telus shill or have anyone with a modicum of intelligence deduce that from what was posted. By your logic that would also make pynnerz a Telus shill since he didn't keep the scope of his post to Shaw and wandered off into Telus land.

You're also off in your definition, or comprehension. So yes asking if you have a clue what the term actually means was more than fitting.

shill
noun

a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc.

a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

to work as a shill

verb

to advertise or promote (a product) as or in the manner of a huckster; hustle

Nothing that I posted would indicate that I'm a Telus shill by definition, by doing so was a blatant insult as I have no affiliation, in any way shape or form, to Telus.

3 months in this industry is not a long period of time, especially when comparing Telus and Shaw.
--
Anon filter enabled. Register an account if you want to be taken seriously.

dave778

Vancouver, BC

Tell me that u mofo's didn't just ruin my thread by posting non related topics. This is life or death my friends as i have been without internet & apple tv for a while now. Now I have to repost the damn question rrrrrr

Are ppl with broadband 50 now getting 50
Are ppl with broadband 100 now getting 100
&
Are any of u ppl in east or west Vancouver?

Thanks all
-Dave AKA 'The man w a large penis"

janstan

Vancouver, BC
reply to Lesaonar

You are quite correct. I meant to write a Shaw Shill not a Telus shill. Apologies.

pynnerz

join:2012-04-02
reply to dave778

Just now:

Arbutus n 33rd area

down9.54 Mb/s up2.60 Mb/s 16 ms

Slightly better, but on a bb50 package, it's still not good enough.

rotohoto

join:2012-03-31
canada
kudos:1

BB100 here at 41st and West Boulevard

Definitely a big improvement for me, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that's fixed.

ShawSean: have you heard any updates you're able to share yet?
For instance, it would be useful to know if there are going to be further incremental improvements over the next few days, or if it's likely to be like this until the upgrades are completely done, which as some of us have been told could be several months.

(and yes, I agree, let's try and keep this on topic guys)

dave778

Vancouver, BC
reply to pynnerz

interresting. My buddy who lives at Granville & 25th says his BB50 is doing 35-42 Mbps now as of today. He was also previously getting 1-4 Mbps.
Me on the other hand, I have no internet at Main st@57th
:-(

gibber3

@shawcable.net
reply to dave778

Instant recovery when I got back home to 31Mbps down on speedtest.net (up from ~1Mbps last few days). Maple and 41st.

XT0RT
S3x, Drugs, War

join:2001-07-28
Edmonton, AB
reply to dave778

It was going good at 50 Mbps this morning, but now it's tanked to 8-10 Mbps.

janstan

Vancouver, BC
reply to dave778

South Van 69th and Heather.

This is the lowest speed recorded since my "Fixed" post earlier this afternoon so no complaints here.

heyman

join:2012-03-25
Vancouver, BC
reply to dave778

no luck here. still getting 4MBPs.

Shaw, please do not consider it as fixed!!!!

janstan

Vancouver, BC

What part of the city are you?

dave778

Vancouver, BC

3 edits
reply to heyman

This is not making any sense!

Janstan is getting a perfect connection as of this morning @ 69th & Heather st.

My buddy who lives on Granville & 25th was getting 1-4 Mbps for the past couple of weeks but today he's getting 42Mbps.

Pynnerz is only getting 9Mbps @ 33rd & Arbutus

Heyman only has 4Mbps at 58th & Main st.

Me I have no internet as of yesterday but before that was same as Heyman's 4Mbps (even less). I'm at 57th & Main st.

ShawSean where are u bro? We are waiting for that long awaited update u promised.

eunsong1989

join:2012-03-26
Vancouver, BC
reply to dave778

lag is back

4:54 AM

»speedtest.net/result/1874760885.png

ARRGHHHH

gibber1

@shawcable.net

Still fast this morning (41st and Maple)

ShawSean

join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC
kudos:12
reply to dave778

Hey guys,

The issue that was causing the poor speeds while showing normal on the shaw speedtest has been found and our engineering teams are working on a fix as we speak.

If any of you are experiencing issues still, it may be unrelated and we'll want to investigate those reports further. Please pm me with your account details, reference this thread and we'll be in touch.

@Dave - We tried calling you several times last night to troubleshoot why your connection is down. Please let me know when the best time to reach you at is and what number.

Thanks for your patience guys, and we appreciate everyone's input in this thread.

Cheers.
--
Sean
Twitter - @Shaw_Sean

dave778

Vancouver, BC
reply to eunsong1989

Thanks for the update Eunsung 1989 & Gibber1.
Still no internet for me day 3

pynnerz

reply to dave778

still crappy this morning:

8.14 Mb/s 1.65 Mb/s 43 ms

janstan

Vancouver, BC

Still good this morning at W69th and Heather. I'm starting to get obsessed with these speed tests. I have to stop LOL

ShawSean

join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC
kudos:12
reply to pynnerz

said by pynnerz:

still crappy this morning:

8.14 Mb/s 1.65 Mb/s 43 ms

said by ShawSean:

If any of you are experiencing issues still, it may be unrelated and we'll want to investigate those reports further. Please pm me with your account details, reference this thread and we'll be in touch.

PM me pynnerz so I can look into it further for you.
--
Sean
Twitter - @Shaw_Sean

pynnerz

@shawsean: Naw, there's nothing you can do as I am switching providers.. You guys had your chance.
And if there was a way to fix it, why bother me instead of just fixing it?