1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1

2 edits
reply to Subaru

Re: [Help] Seems like it's taking a long time

Whoa how did this happen? I just remoted into the workstation PC and I noticed it had a download time of March 29th 00:36 but todays date is still the 28th.

System Up Time: 14 Days, 19 Hours, 27 Minutes, 15 Seconds

having said that looks like it's another WU with a large amount of points just the date thing is weird.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
It uses UTC, I believe- not local time.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
reply to Subaru
Take a look in the logs for WUs that don't reach 100%. That would be the likely culprit.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
might be the laptop at another location I might stop folding on that one since it gets bogged down easy it's a AMD 64 cpu.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Subaru
any issue running the cpu and gpu clients at the same time?

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
I wouldn't advise it on a laptop due to heat but a desktop with some good cooling components would not be a problem. I have been doing both gpu and smp on 2 desktops for a year now with no issues.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
It seems like my dual core is taking forever and I was just wondering if it was because I was running the gpu client at the same time.

It's been awhile since I ran the cpu client on the desktop however.

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits
said by Subaru:

It seems like my dual core is taking forever and I was just wondering if it was because I was running the gpu client at the same time.

It's been awhile since I ran the cpu client on the desktop however.

My desktop is a core2 duo with out hyperthreading and it runs a gpu client on an Nvidia Geforce 550 and the smp client on the cpu and no issues at all except if I watch a movie on it, I pause the gpu client due to the movie not running smoothly, a little stuttering occasionally. Figure the folding on the gpu and folding on the cpu are separate processors. Of course your mileage may vary due to particular hardware components.