spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mBracer

join:2010-09-06

[TV] TiVo with Cisco Converter

Has anybody tried using a series 2 TiVo unit (via the IR Remote attachment) with the new Cisco DTA50 converters that Rogers is supplying? Thanks.
Greg

bdoyledimou

join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON

i haven't tried it yet, but will be working through it on the weekend..

I had a tivo set up for my 60 year old immigrant MIL(who barely speaks english) who called us this week to tell us she has been without cable since the middle of April and had been calling Rogers about it but they kept telling her to connect her box.
She had no idea what they were talking about and thought they meant the Tivo we had set up for her.

when she received the DT50 ( through a courier) she had no idea what it was -- just an unmarked black box with a smaller unmarked black box inside. There was no attempt at all to explain what it was. I wonder how many other seniors are getting the same run around.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

It works!

The DTA50 uses code 10014, which is in the TiVo IR database for Scientific Atlanta (so Pauly's suggestion was on the right track). Thanks to everyone for your input.
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

Hooter

join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

1 recommendation

said by Paolo:

It works!

The DTA50 uses code 10014, which is in the TiVo IR database for Scientific Atlanta (so Pauly's suggestion was on the right track). Thanks to everyone for your input.

Good cut and paste!

»communityforums.rogers.com/t5/fo···-id/4622

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

thanks for noticing, your a hoot!

Hooter

join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

You're welcome!

Paolo