Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1

4 edits

At risk of toss out again...The biggies were WRONG

8+ years ago was saying why I so liked near DSLR high end P&S with good lenses and for then high video capability overall vs the early VERY high cost limited DSLRs... like the first Gen Cannon Rebel you were all so into and of course now condemn as dinosaur, but at the time NOTHING could be better.

You all swore CMOS DSLR could never do that but what few DON'T do video now???

Crap changes... sorry so many here are blind for just what is and has been never thinking of what can be... you all know who you are.

Unfortunately you many are still here spewing it can't happen crap its just what is. The rest of of us still dream for what CAN be and DOES come to be.

And if I had to I could go back to the Way Back Machine and maybe recover those pages but yes you all DID say that coldn't be and got me tossed out for fighting the satus quo stream that yes a DSLR also can do video. (Took years to happen but yes it DID despite you nay sayers)

But how about you all finally just get over the past and start embracing the future potential?

You all seem to thrive on what was and won't be again... we dream about what can and will be.

Manufactures love you...old farts that just want what was....they can sell forever... well in the end that didn't work out for Kodak did it? Your turn is next if you don't look forward and forever stay frozen on what is.

--

Premium
join:2010-04-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:3

1 recommendation

said by Hayward:

8+ years ago was saying why I so liked near DSLR high end P&S with good lenses and for then high video capability overall vs the early VERY high cost limited DSLRs... like the first Gen Cannon Rebel you were all so into and of course now condemn as dinosaur, but at the time NOTHING could be better. You all swore CMOS DSLR could never do that but what few DON'T do video now??? Crap changes... sorry so many here are blind for just what is and has been never thinking of what can be... you all know who you are.

Yes things do change and you are correct, early on there where a few posters here who belittled the HDSLR as a kludge, not practical and destined to fail, comments like this for example.

said by Hayward:

Many serious SLR'ists carry two bodies to not have to change lenses and have two lens ranges instantly at hand. Well sort of the same thing with DSLR video... less weight and bulk than SMALL lens a dedicaded P&S or Digital Video recorder does a much more comfortable DESIGNED for job.... not a kludge.

said by Hayward:

Video mode a SLR ceases being one.... no more through the lens sighting... mirror is locked up so sensor has full time video...so limited to low res LCD and in bright light very problematic...vs a designed to be EVF on a camcorder.

said by Hayward:

Again I want my SLR to be the best it can be... not compromising for things it shouldn't.

said by Hayward:

And again out with the DSL and bag... is the equivalent of a small lens that very well what it does HD videocam... a big deal vs a criteria for DSLR purchase at best half ass and clunky hand held doing video.

Wayne
--
"It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." - Charles A. Beard

nklb
Premium
join:2000-11-17
Ann Arbor, MI
kudos:2
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada
reply to Hayward
WTF?

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to Hayward
The first line makes sense, the rest is missing too many words in each line to understand the point. Are we all supposed to remember 8 years ago?

SandShark
Long may you run
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX
reply to Hayward
WTF? X 2

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

1 recommendation

said by SandShark:

WTF? X 2

Indeed.

Does anyone know where we can get Hayward a device that plugs in via USB to check BAC before allowing someone to post?
--
flickr | Of faith, power and glory

nklb
Premium
join:2000-11-17
Ann Arbor, MI

3 recommendations

reply to Hayward
I believe this is what he is saying:

said by Hayward:

8+ years ago was saying why I so liked near DSLR high end P&S with good lenses and for then high video capability overall vs the early VERY high cost limited DSLRs... like the first Gen Cannon Rebel you were all so into and of course now condemn as dinosaur, but at the time NOTHING could be better.

Eight or more years ago, around the time the original EOS 300D Rebel was the must-have camera, I was exculpating high-end Point and Shoot cameras. Many of these devices had good optics, and were even able to record video at surprising quality given the technology of the time. Of course none of the DSLRs of the era could do video, so it seems the point and shoots were a better value overall

said by Hayward:

You all swore CMOS DSLR could never do that but what few DON'T do video now???

Everyone claimed that CMOS technology was unsuitable for videography. But look at the state of technology today; what current generation DSLRs DON'T support video recording?

said by Hayward:

Crap changes... sorry so many here are blind for just what is and has been never thinking of what can be... you all know who you are.

Technology changes. It's a shame that so many of the people on this site are blind to this fact, and never look towards the future. Those who are guilty of this know who they are.

said by Hayward:

Unfortunately you many are still here spewing it can't happen crap its just what is. The rest of of us still dream for what CAN be and DOES come to be.

Many of the individuals who cling to this fallacy of belief continue to speak of all these limitations as if they are set in stone. Of course time has proven that current limitations can and WILL be overcome, so the rest of us will continue to optimistically dream of what the future will hold while the pessimists will try to hold back progress.

said by Hayward:

And if I had to I could go back to the Way Back Machine and maybe recover those pages but yes you all DID say that coldn't be and got me tossed out for fighting the satus quo stream that yes a DSLR also can do video. (Took years to happen but yes it DID despite you nay sayers)

I could use the web archive project's Wayback Machine to call out the individuals who were wrong those many years ago, but I will refrain. My point is that these people kicked me out of their discussions because I dared to dream of a future where DSLRs could shoot video. Granted, it was years before it came to be, but it is indisputable that the technology has come to pass.

said by Hayward:

But how about you all finally just get over the past and start embracing the future potential?

Please, everyone, get over the past. Look forward, understand all the potential technological advances that are sure to come, even just over the course of the next decade.

said by Hayward:

You all seem to thrive on what was and won't be again... we dream about what can and will be.

Stop being stuck in the same rut as the past, unable to anticipate change. The rest of us will be looking forward to the future, and will welcome the "impossible" or "impractical" changes!

said by Hayward:

Manufactures love you...old farts that just want what was....they can sell forever... well in the end that didn't work out for Kodak did it? Your turn is next if you don't look forward and forever stay frozen on what is.

The camera manufacturers would be happy to keep the technology where it is now, minimizing research and development costs and just releasing camera after camera with little to no improvement over the one that came before. Technological Luddites like you may very well give these manufacturers incentive to do just this! Of course the more optimistic among us know such technological standstills are not permanent, and those companies that try that tactic are doomed to failure (Kodak, anyone?) So I implore you, look forward, imagine the possibilities, and climb out of your rut and enjoy the future!

pkalona
Wannabe GWC
Premium
join:2002-06-29
San Carlos, CA

1 edit
Nevermind, I'm staying out of this.

SandShark
Long may you run
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX
reply to nklb
Believe it or not, I understood what he was saying. My WTF was because he's bringing up something that happened "8+years ago"! Who the hell cares?

sykocus
Watashi Wa Shashin O Toru Ga Suki Desu
Premium
join:2002-11-21
Guam, USA

1 recommendation

reply to nklb
thanks for the translation. I got the gist of what he was saying but it made my head hurt, or should I say:

Gist what writing, but read my head hurt after.

Exit
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-04-10
Canada
reply to Hayward
Haha I saved this whole thread for future hilarity!

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium
join:2005-05-21
Winnipeg, MB
reply to Hayward
Imagine losing sleep for 8+ years!!!

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
Key West, FL
reply to SandShark
said by SandShark:

Believe it or not, I understood what he was saying. My WTF was because he's bringing up something that happened "8+years ago"! Who the hell cares?

Because its still happening, and being done by the same bullies in this forum, and who not surprisingly have not commented here.

And in the near future will be proved just as wrong as they have been in the past.

But in the mean time chasing people off or having them banned
--

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ

1 recommendation

Somehow, I think it was the elevated BAC postings that lead to any bans...

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
Key West, FL
said by Jodokast96:

Somehow, I think it was the elevated BAC postings that lead to any bans...

BTW I am talking about a number of others besides me.
--