how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bryant313

join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

[NV] Any New Markets Testing Upstream Channel Bonding

been seeing some posts on here looking like upstream channel bonding is starting to be tested in more markets

post your stats here if you are bonding on the upstream

also would be nice to see more and more cities with upstream channel bonding by the end of the year

also curious if anyone knows when they will go public with it?

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

Nothing here. still one channel up and four down.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

still 6 down and 1 up here as well

daveinpoway
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA
kudos:2

Still only one upstream channel here.

codydog

join:2001-11-29
Newport, RI
reply to bryant313

4 down, 3 up

Matsayz
Premium
join:2005-02-08
Henderson, NV
reply to bryant313

6 down 1 up here in Henderson (Ultimate tier, Cisco DPC3010, 50down/5up) as of 27 March 2012

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana
reply to bryant313

Baton Rouge market = 8 down / 1 up

Blech

@cox.net
reply to Matsayz

North Phoenix has upstream bonding going...the rest of 'em will be near future.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to dvd536

just waiting here patiently for it too happen hopefully soon

Blech

@cox.net

Don't forget to power-cycle your modem once in awhile. Upstream bonding can be setup in the CMTS - and not force the modem to reboot to begin bonding...makes for a slower rollout, but easier on the consumers.

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

1 edit

said by Blech :

Don't forget to power-cycle your modem once in awhile. Upstream bonding can be setup in the CMTS - and not force the modem to reboot to begin bonding...makes for a slower rollout, but easier on the consumers.

True but I am sure for first time area's doing upstream channel bonding, the night they turn it on. Most likely there will be a little down time, and your modem should bond on the upstream once things are back up, and running. So more then anything, just keep an eye on your D3 modems signal page or modems lights depending on modem, and if its lights change when bonding.

tim85254

join:2010-07-15
reply to bryant313

4 down and 3 up in 85254 (Scottsdale/ N.E. Phoenix)

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to lilstone87

said by lilstone87:

said by Blech :

True but I am sure for first time area's doing upstream channel bonding, the night they turn it on. Most likely there will be a little down time, and your modem should bond on the upstream once things are back up, and running. So more then anything, just keep an eye on your D3 modems signal page or modems lights depending on modem, and if its lights change when bonding.

I hear the cisco dpc3010 doesn't change upstream led color when bonding.

lilstone87

Portsmouth, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by dvd536:

said by lilstone87:

said by Blech :

I hear the cisco dpc3010 doesn't change upstream led color when bonding.

Yup, and I am pretty sure the Cisco D3 eMTA is same way. Reason I said what I said. Its silly though, as the Cisco downstream light is orange when locked onto a single downstream channel. Yet there is no change in led color from upstream single channel, or bonding.

Ender3rd

join:2001-07-15
Connecticut
reply to bryant313

Here in north-central Connecticut we are still 3 down and 1 up. The last time I spoke with a representative about an unrelated issue he mentioned the switch would be thrown soon for 4 down and multiple channel upstream in my area. Time will tell...
--
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them. (Charlie Reese)

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

i was told the same thing that it was coming to my area and that was 6 months ago

andrewlef

join:2012-03-30
Providence, RI
reply to bryant313

Rhode Island -- Ultimate 50/8 (60/11 with fluff)

Downstream: 7
Upstream: 3

Needleinthha

join:2009-11-30
reply to bryant313

8 down/1 up still on Tempe/Scottsdale border......Speeds are fine but still check everyday for upstream bonding

Beezel1

@cox.net
reply to bryant313

Well now my side of Vegas went from 6 down to 8 now. But still 1 up. So hopefully it won't be long before upstream bonding.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

what part of vegas are you in?

i am on the west side of vegas

Beezel1

@cox.net

said by bryant313:

what part of vegas are you in?

i am on the west side of vegas

Same here I am in the 89146 area code. Next to The Lakes and Spring Valley.

Beezel1

@cox.net

My signal levels dropped a tiny bit since then though.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

i live in the spring valley area

and have 6 downstream and 1 upstream

oldfartjc

join:2002-01-20
Glendale, AZ
reply to bryant313

I have 4 down and 3 up which started on 4/7/12 here at my home in Glendale, AZ. 85306.
Motorola SB6120.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

your lucky i have been waiting patiently

its funny how las vegas did the 400mbps upstream speed test on the cox network or in a lab anyway i digress my point being that las vegas hasnt had anyone reporting and upstream bonding yet

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ

said by bryant313:

your lucky i have been waiting patiently

its funny how las vegas did the 400mbps upstream speed test on the cox network or in a lab anyway i digress my point being that las vegas hasnt had anyone reporting and upstream bonding yet

Think of it as a concept car. something that will never be seen outside of a lab.

phipsi

join:2007-03-10
North Las Vegas, NV

I'm in NE Vegas. I have the SBV5222 modem. Is bonding possible with this? Also, how do I tell? From what I see in the modem configuration, I've got 1 down/1 up. Thanks.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV

no bonding on the upstream or downstream on that modem since it is docsis 2.0 and channel bonding can only be done on a docsis 3.0 modem

phipsi

join:2007-03-10
North Las Vegas, NV

That's kinda what I assumed. Thanks. I'm guessing that Cox doesn't have phone capable Docsis 3.0 modems.

lilstone87

Portsmouth, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by phipsi:

That's kinda what I assumed. Thanks. I'm guessing that Cox doesn't have phone capable Docsis 3.0 modems.

Yes they do, its a Cisco DPQ3212, it provides there home phone service, and internet. It can bond up to 8 downstream channels, and up to 4 upstream channels.