share rss forum feed

Beezel1

@cox.net
reply to bryant313

Re: [NV] Any New Markets Testing Upstream Channel Bonding

said by bryant313:

what part of vegas are you in?

i am on the west side of vegas

Same here I am in the 89146 area code. Next to The Lakes and Spring Valley.

Beezel1

@cox.net

My signal levels dropped a tiny bit since then though.

bryant313

join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV
i live in the spring valley area

and have 6 downstream and 1 upstream

oldfartjc

join:2002-01-20
Glendale, AZ
reply to bryant313
I have 4 down and 3 up which started on 4/7/12 here at my home in Glendale, AZ. 85306.
Motorola SB6120.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
your lucky i have been waiting patiently

its funny how las vegas did the 400mbps upstream speed test on the cox network or in a lab anyway i digress my point being that las vegas hasnt had anyone reporting and upstream bonding yet

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
said by bryant313:

your lucky i have been waiting patiently

its funny how las vegas did the 400mbps upstream speed test on the cox network or in a lab anyway i digress my point being that las vegas hasnt had anyone reporting and upstream bonding yet

Think of it as a concept car. something that will never be seen outside of a lab.

phipsi

join:2007-03-10
North Las Vegas, NV
I'm in NE Vegas. I have the SBV5222 modem. Is bonding possible with this? Also, how do I tell? From what I see in the modem configuration, I've got 1 down/1 up. Thanks.

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
no bonding on the upstream or downstream on that modem since it is docsis 2.0 and channel bonding can only be done on a docsis 3.0 modem

phipsi

join:2007-03-10
North Las Vegas, NV
That's kinda what I assumed. Thanks. I'm guessing that Cox doesn't have phone capable Docsis 3.0 modems.

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
said by phipsi:

That's kinda what I assumed. Thanks. I'm guessing that Cox doesn't have phone capable Docsis 3.0 modems.

Yes they do, its a Cisco DPQ3212, it provides there home phone service, and internet. It can bond up to 8 downstream channels, and up to 4 upstream channels.

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3
reply to bryant313
4 down 1 up in Central Florida.

compactmedia

join:2010-02-02
reply to bryant313
Still 4 down and 1 up in Fountain Hills and NE Scottsdale AZ

Matsayz
Premium
join:2005-02-08
Henderson, NV
reply to bryant313
As of July 7th 2012 at Windmill & Valle Verde (Henderson, NV)

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
new speed tiers and more have to becoming this year i mean why else would you implement more upstream and downstream channels
i know to allow for more users and less congestion but their are alot of rumors of cox going up 100mbps on the download at the end of this year as for the upload speed its up in the air

Samscott

join:2012-07-15
reply to bryant313
In the past week or so, just started getting 2 channels bonded up, 8 down, in the central part of Las Vegas (by Cheyenne and Vegas) on our service at work. Looks like Vegas might be rolling it out?

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to bryant313
said by bryant313:

new speed tiers and more have to becoming this year i mean why else would you implement more upstream and downstream channels
i know to allow for more users and less congestion but their are alot of rumors of cox going up 100mbps on the download at the end of this year as for the upload speed its up in the air

Allows you to load nodes heavier. even areas in fios areas aren't getting more than 5mbps* upload so don't hold your breath.

* config cap, not powerboost trickery

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to Samscott
excellent thats great too hear maybe not too long from now the whole valley will be bonding on the upstream thank you for posting

what do your speed tests look like?

Samscott

join:2012-07-15
It's a really cheap business account - the speeds wouldn't impress you. I don't have it at my house yet - that would be nice to see, although I haven't had any major problems recently.

rjerina

join:2004-11-09
Cleveland, OH
reply to bryant313
Just checked mine, 4 down 4 up. I know when I got my modem mid last year I only had 4 down and 1 up. Not sure when it changed. Just did a speedtest though and I only have .61 up which is way less than what I had a couple weeks ago. Been seeing some weird packet loss issues today so maybe they just turned it on and having issues they are trying to work out *shrug*