spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Roni

@zen.co.uk

Slow Broadband/Call Quality

This is probably a very silly question, but I'm planning to move to a property with an estimated speed of 1.5MB and am wondering whether this low speed will affect the call quality on Vonage, if anyone can help, please?
Many thanks
Roni

LBDSL
Lightning Bolt

join:2002-01-07
Auburn Hills, MI

Vonage, with the highest quality setting uses 100k up and down
--
Lightning Bolt Technologies

NetFixer
From my cold dead hands
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to Roni

said by Roni :

This is probably a very silly question, but I'm planning to move to a property with an estimated speed of 1.5MB and am wondering whether this low speed will affect the call quality on Vonage, if anyone can help, please?
Many thanks
Roni

When I had Covad 1536/384 kbps DSL service, I had no problems with simultaneously using two Vonage lines and still be able to do light web browsing.

It is not the 1.5 mbps downstream (I assume you meant megabits/second and not megabytes/second as the uppercase "B" would indicate) that might be a problem, it would be the unspecified upstream speed that might cause you problems. But if your upstream speed is at least 256 kbps, you should have no problems with making a Vonage call and still being able to to light web browsing at the same time.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.