Search similar:

uniqs
percosan
join:2002-03-13
San Francisco, CA

1 recommendation

percosan

Are you serious?

I am not a Comcast Fanboy but it drives me crazy that even when they do something consumer friendly like *supporting* a third party box like Xbox *and* do so without impacting ones data package there is always someone/some group to cry about it. I assume that they would also cry if the Xbox was blocked ... like the GoogleTV box.

-p

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

morbo

While it seems to be very "consumer friendly", the implications of this are much wider as it is the most bold affront we've seen of attempts to challenge network neutrality. That is, of course, excluding the route telco took of exempting cell service from all net neutrality by donating to legislature campaign funds.

anon265
@mich.net

anon265 to percosan

Anon

to percosan
The issue is that it's only consumer friendly for the people who are going to use the service. Let's say I'm not a Comcast TV subscriber or I don't own an xbox. I don't benefit from this at all. Since this is uncapped what's to stop a neighbor from using 10 xboxes and keeping his connection peaked? If half of your node starts using xboxes there will be congestion. On top of that chances are their traffic will have priority over other traffic. Now during peak hours I can't watch another service like Netflix or play a game because the network is being overloaded by Comcast TV traffic. Comcast won't care because their service works flawlessly while Netflix doesn't, so it's going to force people to switch if they want to use service. This is exactly what net neutrality is all about.

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail to percosan

Premium Member

to percosan
said by percosan:

when they do something consumer friendly like *supporting* a third party box like Xbox *and* do so without impacting ones data package there is always someone/some group to cry about it

Which post in this thread implied Comcast shouldn't support the Xbox?
percosan
join:2002-03-13
San Francisco, CA

1 recommendation

percosan

said by Noah Vail:

said by percosan:

when they do something consumer friendly like *supporting* a third party box like Xbox *and* do so without impacting ones data package there is always someone/some group to cry about it

Which post in this thread implied Comcast shouldn't support the Xbox?

Good question. I am not crying about any of the postings ... it was the way I read the Free Press and Public Knowledge position.

Maybe I need to top off on Caffeine before my next post

-p
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to anon265

Premium Member

to anon265
Please... before making your arguments, try to understand or learn cable networks first. You make some of us laugh.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by fiberguy2:

Please... before making your arguments, try to understand or learn cable networks first. You make some of us laugh.

How much are they paying you?
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

said by 34764170:

said by fiberguy2:

How much are they paying you?

hahaha.. that's so funny..

That line is tired.. try spending the time you use posting that old tired line making up something new for those of BBR with nothing real to add to use when they, well, have nothing to add.

I can clearly see that intelligence here scares you? .. since I am pretty well educated on cable that I must be getting paid? WOW!! ....I've never head that before.