how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Distributel_

join:2012-03-21
Ottawa, ON
reply to elwoodblues

Re: Which is better right now? Distributel or TekSavvy?

We are currently working with the carriers to allow customer-owned equipment onto their TPIA networks and we have a few people testing for support at the moment. Once we have the ability, we will also have a list of approved/supported modems.

We also do not have wireless modems at this time, we do, however supply a Linksys WRP400 VoIP gateway which doubles as a wireless router (Wireless G, sorry) when you order a VoIP package.

@PRIUS, I am also composing your reply; I will come right out and say we do support VCO calls. I will also be working with our coaches to prepare training docs for the future.

And for those inquiring about the DCM475 Modems; Those being serviced by the Montreal office will continue to receive these modems; The Ottawa office currently only has SB6120 DOCSIS3 modems until the stock is exhausted - the DCM475s in stock are provisioned with Rogers firmware - I unfortunately do not have an ETA. I have also asked Marketing to fix the website. Thank you to everyone who has brought this oversight to my attention.

- Dano
--
Daniel Brisson
Distributel Communications Limited.
Customer Relations Administrator
feedback@distributel.ca

PRIUS

join:2009-09-17
Toronto, ON
said by Distributel_:

We are currently working with the carriers to allow customer-owned equipment onto their TPIA networks and we have a few people testing for support at the moment. Once we have the ability, we will also have a list of approved/supported modems.

We also do not have wireless modems at this time, we do, however supply a Linksys WRP400 VoIP gateway which doubles as a wireless router (Wireless G, sorry) when you order a VoIP package.

@PRIUS, I am also composing your reply; I will come right out and say we do support VCO calls. I will also be working with our coaches to prepare training docs for the future.

And for those inquiring about the DCM475 Modems; Those being serviced by the Montreal office will continue to receive these modems; The Ottawa office currently only has SB6120 DOCSIS3 modems until the stock is exhausted - the DCM475s in stock are provisioned with Rogers firmware - I unfortunately do not have an ETA. I have also asked Marketing to fix the website. Thank you to everyone who has brought this oversight to my attention.

- Dano

Thanks Dano.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:22
reply to Distributel_
said by Distributel_:

the DCM475s in stock are provisioned with Rogers firmware

Dano, can you elaborate on this please. Do you mean they have the factory firmware version that Rogers requests (STAC.02.16), or do you mean that you are working with Rogers to change the firmware in the modems?
--
electronicsguru.ca/for_sale/Cablemodems