Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

[TWC] dumb TWC contractors

Dumb TWC contractor Cut the wrong cable line when he should have cut the other one on the next street over. At lest they are coming out today to fix it at no charge. The contractor asked for $50 to fix his mistake. Gave him a big f-u.
Why should I pay for his stupid mistake. The account was for another line at the house that was getting disconnected. I'm sure he got a talk from his boss today.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6

1 recommendation

Thats kinda why I am always nosy and follow them around when I have to have a service call. I don't let them out of my sights when they are here, wether its a contractor or in-house tech I watch them like a hawk to be sure they don't screw anything up.

ds5v50

join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH
Now I don't feel bad.. My wife razz's me about following them around.. Now I can give her a reason for my "MadNess"

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
lol

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

join:2011-01-12
Woodside, NY
reply to Anonymous_
You got them to actually show up? Thats a feat in itself.

My tech was 4.5 hrs late and im so stupid that i was really happy when he finally arrived!!! i was like - hey man thanks for comin! you wanna drink?

Peterpiper63

join:2011-06-27
reply to Anonymous_
Should have gotten the name and tech ID # of that tech and the company he worked for. Submit that to TWC and then TWC would have had that tech out on the streets by the end of day. TWC really frowns on that. That is grounds for instant termination of the tech and a very bad mark on the contractor for when contract negotiations come up for them.

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

Woodside, NY
Nope. TWC techs can't be fired 'cause they're union...

»My experience with a Time Warner Onsite Tech

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
contractor is non union

Peterpiper63

join:2011-06-27
TWC is NON union. I worked there as an installer 1st and then as internal Lan managment. TWC has no unions. Atleast not in this area or any areas that I know of. There may be some that were carried over, but TWC frowns on unions.

Contractors may have unions, but TWC tries to steer clear of them

dumbcontract

@optonline.net
actually I am a contractor and we are union. If you follow us around its just annoying. If you piss us off things will accidentally stop working on purpose. We do have dumb contractors. But it is not a large percentage. Not large enough for it to be generalized.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
said by dumbcontract :

If you piss us off

That never happens here with me

said by dumbcontract :

things will accidentally stop working on purpose.

That's one reason I follow them around when outside most of the time. But really though I like to learn a little about these kind of things and what not as well as what happened here and why so I can share any experiences with anyone else that may need to know. For example the ones that reek of cigarette smoke i definitely follow around everywhere and dont let them out of my sight. Most of the time they dont reek of cigarettes but the ones that do I don't let out of my sight.

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

Woodside, NY
reply to Anonymous_
actually i could care less if they are union or not. i just thought the dude who came to my house yellin about how hes union and he wont bullsh!t me cause cant be fired and hell say whatever he wants and tw only hires middle aged housewives for their CS and they are all idiots and he went on and on. i was like this dude is awesome!!!.

he reminded me of old Sopranos episodes...ahhhh..i loved that show...

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO

1 recommendation

reply to dumbcontract

actually I am a contractor and we are union. If you follow us around its just annoying. If you piss us off things will accidentally stop working on purpose

With an attitude like that, you shouldn't wonder why people say bad things about contractors. If you're in my home, I want to know what you're doing to it. Things aren't going to "accidentally stop" working if I'm watching you work, because if you actively sabotage my install, I'll see it and report it to the company.

For what it's worth, the techs that I've had over have usually been very happy. I make it as quick as possible for them by opening access to the wiring ahead of time and I make sure all the cabling is ready and accessible so all they have to do is connect their hardware and activate it.
--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

EvilCensor

join:2012-04-02

1 recommendation

reply to Anonymous_
Had a load of trouble with TWC contractors coming out and lying.. not knowing why they were sent and trying to charge for things that they weren't supposed to.

Eventually they sent what they called was a Master Technician (along with another guy) who basically told me a lot of TWC contractors are useless.

Was told that any wiring outside the house was not my financial responsibility.

TransitMan
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-05
Dayton, OH
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 recommendations

reply to dumbcontract
said by dumbcontract :

actually I am a contractor and we are union. If you follow us around its just annoying. If you piss us off things will accidentally stop working on purpose.

As a retired union member, you come to my house, you will be followed around, especially when you're outside where my dogs run free. I do this for 2 reasons, to get my dogs used to you, even if you don't like dogs, and to make sure the work I need done is done correctly.
If it is inside, I'll be right there, to move and make access available to any wiring you might need to get to.

And if you screw something up and make my service not work right, I'll make a phone call to supervision at TWC and duly report you, you being union or not.

As a customer, I do not give free reign on my property unless it is discussed prior to work beginning (i.e. a re-wire from pole to pole, or from house to pole).

Bottom line, I am the paying customer, and I have little respect for those who claim to be union and then throw there supposed weight around. Respect both ways works wonders.

skuv

@rr.com
reply to Jawsinc
said by Jawsinc:

My tech was 4.5 hrs late and im so stupid that i was really happy when he finally arrived!!! i was like - hey man thanks for comin! you wanna drink?

And my TWC install contractor was scheduled to show up on Sunday between 1pm - 3pm. Want to know what this guy did? He called at 9:30am and asked if he could come at 10am instead. And I said, "Oh my gosh, yes!"

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
Update

Well he did some damage to the 2 year old line a wind storm took it down. Support wire was damaged

The line has been replaced with some RG11 Cable since I have a 200ft-250ft run

'

Not getting any more
uncorrectable errors on the modem

-1.2 to -1.6dBmV on all 4 channels

37 to 38.1 dB SNR

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to skuv
said by skuv :

said by Jawsinc:

And my TWC install contractor was scheduled to show up on Sunday between 1pm - 3pm. Want to know what this guy did? He called at 9:30am and asked if he could come at 10am instead. And I said, "Oh my gosh, yes!"

They work on Sundays? Wow.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
"They work on Sundays? Wow."

We are a 24/7 Organization. Of course we work on Sundays.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Elyria

join:2011-10-12
Elyria, OH
reply to dumbcontract
said by dumbcontract :

actually I am a contractor

If you piss us off things will accidentally stop working on purpose.

So, you'd expect us to believe you made up that 11 year olds username just to bash a profession "you say" that youre a part of.

How ignorant can one get......just to make a deroratory comment re:TW ?

Go clean your room or sumthin......your yellow bus is just hours away

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

"Go clean your room or sumthin......your yellow bus is just hours away"

Dont feed the Troll

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

"They work on Sundays? Wow."

We are a 24/7 Organization. Of course we work on Sundays.

Hob

I was referring to the installers, truck rolls, etc. :P

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
"I was referring to the installers, truck rolls, etc. :P"

Sunday is a great day for installs and truck rolls of course they would work.
As would any other operational groups.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 edits
said by hobgoblin:

"I was referring to the installers, truck rolls, etc. :P"

Sunday is a great day for installs and truck rolls of course they would work.
As would any other operational groups.

Hob

Sweet. So they do holidays, nights, etc. too? What about the local offices? Aren't they closed on Sundays and night times? IIRC, they were. Maybe I am still remember Adelphia's days.

TWCdude

join:2006-04-28
San Antonio, TX
kudos:23
The local offices are generally closed on Sundays here in the Texas area.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by TWCdude:

The local offices are generally closed on Sundays here in the Texas area.

Ah, is there a list of their hours of the local offices?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
timewarnercable.com

Hob