All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

somms
join:2003-07-28
Centerville, UT

somms to WoofieInPC

to WoofieInPC

Re: Comcast Xfinity for Xbox launching soon (possibly next week)

said by WoofieInPC:

Pardon the crappy pic, but I JUST actually got it downloaded and activated.
Not sure if it matters, but I'm in Panama City Beach FL

Crappy pic is right!

Just downloaded and activated and threw on last episode from walking dead and the picture is terrible! For 720P, I thought it couldn't be any worse than netflix stream but Xfinity is much worse. Don't see the Xbox 360 replacing my Motorola box for watching On Demand anytime soon!
dagg
join:2001-03-25
Galt, CA

dagg

downloaded, but cant get it to activate. keep getting error 999 which is not refrerenced anywhere as to what the issue actually is.

somms
Centerville, UT

somms

Click for full size
said by dagg:

downloaded, but cant get it to activate. keep getting error 999 which is not refrerenced anywhere as to what the issue actually is.

»xfinity.comcast.net/prof ··· yprofile

Go to above link and confirm that you can stream Xfinity from your browser. I had an issue getting the Xfinity app to register on my 360 until I changed to alternate primary User ID (sample pic above) instead of my private name@email address that I log in by to check my Comcast statement, ect.
dagg
join:2001-03-25
Galt, CA

dagg

Thanks, that was part of it, but not all of it.
it finally switched over to an 802 error which lead me to figuring out what you are pointing out (wasnt using the correct user ID) but then went back to a 999. after a couple more attempts it worked.
im guessing a 999 is just a timeout of unknown origin?

for those of you whom it matters to, be aware that once it did finally authenticate, it also reset my cable modem.

somms
Centerville, UT

somms

[BQUOTE=daggfor those of you whom it matters to, be aware that once it did finally authenticate, it also reset my cable modem.
[/BQUOTE

Ditto here...modem had an uptime of >30 days up to activating the silly Xfinity app and now it is back down to 0 days!?

Maybe this has to do with the 'not counting against the soft cap' part of Xfinity stream?