uniqs

YukonHawk
join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

1 recommendation

YukonHawk to Mike Wolf

to Mike Wolf

Re: [Connectivity] Legacy IPv6 support

Hi guys....Since were on the topic of routers this one caught my eye INTELLINET 524988 WIRELESS 450 DUAL-BAND GIGABIT. I haven't found any reviews on it. It comes with a 3 year warranty which I thought was good. Has anyone come across or use routers from Intellinet? I checked Small Network Builder but it was not reviewed.

I have a DIR-655 which is going to be replaced in the near future. It's been rock solid since 2007, but it does not support IPv6. Thanks for any info.

whfsdude
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC

whfsdude

Premium Member

said by YukonHawk:

I have a DIR-655 which is going to be replaced in the near future. It's been rock solid since 2007, but it does not support IPv6. Thanks for any info.

Do you have the A revision, or the B revision? If you have the B revision of the DIR-655, there is a firmware upgrade that adds IPv6 support.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor to YukonHawk

Premium Member

to YukonHawk
said by YukonHawk:

Hi guys....Since were on the topic of routers this one caught my eye INTELLINET 524988 WIRELESS 450 DUAL-BAND GIGABIT. I haven't found any reviews on it. It comes with a 3 year warranty which I thought was good. Has anyone come across or use routers from Intellinet? I checked Small Network Builder but it was not reviewed.

I've never heard of them, are they new to the market? After doing some seraching on it, it looks like a solid router with a good warranty. Like you though, I can't find any reviews on it.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to YukonHawk

Premium Member

to YukonHawk
said by YukonHawk:

Since this thread is about IPv6, did you find any information that said that this router supports IPv6?

I went to the manufacturer's web page for that router at »www.intellinet-network.c ··· t-router and I saw no mention of IPv6 support on the router's web page, or in the downloadable user guide. The overall specs don't look that bad, but I would be hesitant to purchase any router today that did not already fully support IPv6 (and I mean fully support IPv6, not just advertise that it is "IPv6 ready")

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to whfsdude

to whfsdude
Man that brings me back memories. When I first heard the DIR-655 supported IPv6 I knew I wanted it, but then when I heard that it was only revision B I was like "damn now how am I gonna pull this off" because there really is no way of telling which version it is when ordering online or in retail stores until you open the box which they kind of frown upon lol.

YukonHawk
join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

1 edit

YukonHawk to whfsdude

to whfsdude
Thx whfsdude.....I have HW version A2. I forgot that detail. A2 is pretty much end of life. I think it's time for me to pull the plug.....errr bad joke. LOL!
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

1 recommendation

Thordrune to Mike Wolf

Premium Member

to Mike Wolf
said by Mike Wolf:

Man that brings me back memories. When I first heard the DIR-655 supported IPv6 I knew I wanted it, but then when I heard that it was only revision B I was like "damn now how am I gonna pull this off" because there really is no way of telling which version it is when ordering online or in retail stores until you open the box which they kind of frown upon lol.

I guess it depends on what store you go to. The Staples in my town had no issues with me opening the box for the WNDR3700 I later bought to double-check that it was a version 2. They took off the security device, gave me scissors, and told me to have at it .

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

1 recommendation

RR Conductor

Premium Member

said by Thordrune:

said by Mike Wolf:

I guess it depends on what store you go to. The Staples in my town had no issues with me opening the box for the WNDR3700 I later bought to double-check that it was a version 2. They took off the security device, gave me scissors, and told me to have at it .

Yep, Staples here in Ukiah is pretty cool and laid back. I have to say the Best Buy down in Santa Rosa is too, at least in their wireless department. NOBODY beats Costco for customer service though, they are probably the best I've ever seen! Speaking of which, we're getting Costco in Ukiah, FINALLY! The STUPID city council though seems bent on denying the Walmart expansion, I swear the Ukiah City Council finds more ways to hold this County back, but that's another thread.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

1 recommendation

Mike Wolf

Yeah I trierd that once at both a BestBuy and at a Staples and I was met with frightened employees and a stern NO from managers. I just wish they would make it more clear on product lables what hardware revision things are, like next to the mac address or something, or to clearly name the version in the product name like the Linksys E4200v2

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Mike Wolf:

Yeah I trierd that once at both a BestBuy and at a Staples and I was met with frightened employees and a stern NO from managers. I just wish they would make it more clear on product lables what hardware revision things are, like next to the mac address or something, or to clearly name the version in the product name like the Linksys E4200v2

If that were done, the retailers would not be able to unload the old stock on unsuspecting victims customers.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

sad but quite true.