Premium Member
join:2000-12-04
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

Darek to ltsnow

Premium Member

to ltsnow
Thank you.

Still Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.63 on the main page?

»get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

ltsnow
Premium Member
join:2006-04-08
Valdosta, GA

1 recommendation

ltsnow

Premium Member

said by Darek:

Thank you.

Still Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.63 on the main page?

»get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Yeah, don't know why because it is the final edition I'm almost sure and it is up on their page that I posted.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

1 edit

lordpuffer

Premium Member

It's up for Macs....Thanks!

EDIT: An update was there for Macs for me, but not the number listed by the OP. It is 11.1.102.64. Is this a new update or did I just miss one (or two)?

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane to ltsnow

Numquam oblita

to ltsnow
Thanks, ltsnow See Profile

Adobe always has different spots for info..but it's definitely up on their site from your link

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

1 edit

chachazz to ltsnow

Premium Member

to ltsnow
thanks ltsnow See Profile. New releases are not up on the Downloads Center yet.

ltsnow
Premium Member
Valdosta, GA

ltsnow

Premium Member

I hate that they now install their update service. I physically delete the service from the Macromed folder in System32.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline to ltsnow

Premium Member

to ltsnow
Now available via regular release channels.
The usual toolbar warnings and auto-update warning are in effect.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer to ltsnow

Premium Member

to ltsnow
Thanks again......Installed on my PC!
ctggzg
Premium Member
join:2005-02-11
USA

1 recommendation

ctggzg to ltsnow

Premium Member

to ltsnow
Just make sure you use the full installers from that page. Their downloader installer failed for me with an "unknown error", and the Adobe forums have other reports of the same problem.

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

I think the "unknown error" is caused by not selecting the automatic update feature with a normal installer.

I saw this and bailed the install a few times, on IE and Moz.
Choose the auto feature and later tweaked by the settings via Control Panel App to deny everything.

OT:
There's an Adobe Air out as well, yet I see no merit in running this fluffware. If something prompts me to run Air, I'll check my options then.

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium Member
join:2005-01-16

caffeinator to ltsnow

Premium Member

to ltsnow
Thx, got both versions for win7x64, SSDD, eh?

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

1 recommendation

chachazz to ltsnow

Premium Member

to ltsnow
Release announcement March 27, 2012
quote:
Today we're pleased to announce that the next version of Flash Player, 11.2.202.228, is available for immediate download.

This update includes the following new features:

Drivers gating for hardware acceleration relaxed — Previously, the hardware accelerated content was gated to 1/1/2009, however, we have relaxed the driver gating to 1/1/2008.

Throttling event — This release introduces a new ThrottleEvent. A ThrottleEvent is now dispatched by the stage when the Flash Player throttles, pauses or resumes content.

Mouse lock, relative mouse coordinates, right and middle click events — Create immersive, panoramic games with infinite scrolling to enable new classes of content, including first-person games.

Multithreaded video decoding (Windows, Mac OS, and Linux) — The video decoding pipeline is now fully multithreaded. This feature should improve the overall performance on all platforms. Note that this feature is a significant architecture change required for other future improvements.

Flash Player background updates (Windows) — New versions of the runtimes can now be delivered more effectively to the end user with this enhanced updating mechanism (Background update is only available in the release versions of Flash Player).

We also have a video that describes these new features in greater detail: Introducing Flash Player 11.2
Downloads also available via the all Web Players page.
11770789 (banned)
join:2012-03-21

11770789 (banned) to ltsnow

to ltsnow
thanks for the link, just installed its great....

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium Member
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31

jabarnut to ltsnow

Premium Member

to ltsnow
Thank you, ltsnow!
All set here.

(By the way, the link in your original post is always my favorite place to go). No nonsense installers, and available as EXE's or MSI's.
Also (as I'm sure most of you already know), note the 64 bit installers are listed BEFORE the 32 bit versions on that page).
Thanks again!

deke40
deke40
Premium Member
join:2003-01-23
Texas

deke40 to ltsnow

Premium Member

to ltsnow
Thanks.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium Member
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31

1 recommendation

jabarnut to ltsnow

Premium Member

to ltsnow
Oh, and just a heads up to check the settings manager again:
»www.macromedia.com/suppo ··· r02.html
*As well as the Settings Manager in Control Panel itself. (The two don't seem to jive together at times...sneaky buggers).

And yes, as good a link as any to see if you are up to date once installed successfully.
»www.adobe.com/software/f ··· h/about/

Most of this is already shown in various screenshots above. Just thought I'd throw in another reminder.
sludgehound
join:2007-03-12
New York, NY

sludgehound to ltsnow

to ltsnow
Thanks. Ok Win 7 x64 SP1. Didn't need to close all windows the way it used to insist. Major annoying w/ 7 tasks going. 1 by 1 until it was happy.
Didn't notice a dif link for 32 or 64 bit but came thru ok with .exe
Assume is the x64 version. Think or Swim trading platform using Flash now for their video feeds. Bit of a drag since ToS doesn't seem to work for multi feeds the way did with Media Player. Have to run 2 or more sep sessions to get sep feeds. Oh well.
And thanks for the link to check installation. The verify link seems to not open.
sludgehound

sludgehound to ltsnow

to ltsnow
Thanks. Ok Win 7 x64 SP1. Didn't need to close all windows the way it used to insist. Major annoying w/ 7 tasks going. 1 by 1 until it was happy.
Didn't notice a dif link for 32 or 64 bit but came thru ok with .exe
Assume is the x64 version. Think or Swim trading platform using Flash now for their video feeds. Bit of a drag since ToS doesn't seem to work for multi feeds the way did with Media Player. Have to run 2 or more sep sessions to get sep feeds. Oh well.
And thanks for the link to check installation. The verify link seems to not open.
Random fortune from 'wisdom'
Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you remember.
-- Oscar Levant

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

1 edit

siljaline to ltsnow

Premium Member

to ltsnow
Adobe apsb12-07

These priority 2 updates address critical vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.63 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Solaris, and Adobe Flash Player 11.1.111.7 and earlier versions for Android 3.x and 2.x. These vulnerabilities could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.

Adobe recommends users of Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.63 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh and Linux update to Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.228. Users of Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.63 and earlier versions for Solaris should update to Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.223. Users of Adobe Flash Player 11.1.111.7 and earlier versions for Android 3.x and earlier versions should update to Flash Player 11.1.111.8. Users of Adobe AIR 3.1.0.4880 for Windows, Macintosh and Android should update to Adobe AIR 3.2.0.2070.

This Adobe ASSET Blog entry would explain why some if not many experienced unknown installation errors.

Adobe wants you to keep the auto-update feature enabled. In other words, opting-out during the installation process would, presumably cause these errors.

sbconslt
join:2009-07-28
Los Angeles, CA

sbconslt to ltsnow

to ltsnow
Updated several systems successfully.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to siljaline

to siljaline
In my case I deleted the auto updater program and the corresponding flash update service from my XP Pro SP3 box. Had no issues installing both the active and plugin versions nor any issues after removing both items above.

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

I hope you did not delete any physical software, there are other ways.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

I actually deleted the updater program the service was attached to along with the service itself. My installation of Flash is now how it was with every previous version. Besides I always use the uninstaller between each new update along with redoing my flash settings.
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

1 edit

2 recommendations

OZO to ltsnow

Premium Member

to ltsnow
said by ltsnow:

I hate that they now install their update service. I physically delete the service from the Macromed folder in System32.

It's an endless chain of critical security updates... I'm getting sick and tired form all of them.

Here we have it again. And they make sure that the new updates will be needed soon. How? They include deliberately insecurities (installing new executables that could run on background potentially by a malware, elevate its own privileges, spread configuration files across your computer, etc), so users will have those problems in nearest future and they, Macromedia, will have to issue new critical security updates again and again...

Here is what I found new in this v11.2.202.228 update:
1. Setup is pushing a new updater, asking if you want to allow automatic updates. Even if you will never need it, they ignore your setting and install additional insecure components on your computer anyway.
2. Setup silently adds new scheduled task(s): Adobe Flash Player Updater
3. Setup adds new file C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe (additional vector for future exploits), that is registered to run as a service

Now, how to make Flash secure?
After you run all setup programs (ActiveX and Plugin versions, if needed):
1. Follow instructions from this page: How to Make Flash Secure Software FAQ
2. If you don't use autoupdater (as I always recommend - don't do it, be careful and watch what Macromedia installs on your computers), uninstall the new Adobe Flash Player Update service. Run in CMD:
sc delete AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\mms.cfg

3. Remove new scheduled task ("Adobe Flash Player Updater") from this folder: C:\WINDOWS\Tasks

Why Macromedia is always trying to put a pig into my computers? I specifically instruct the latest installer - Never check for updates. But it disregards my will and installs their new update service on my computer and puts new files into known places, so the future hackers potentially could exploit that to their advantage... Do they have any respect to my computer? I don't think so. So the question arises - what's wrong with these people???

jmorlan
Hmm... That's funny.
MVM
join:2001-02-05
Pacifica, CA

jmorlan

MVM

quote:
3. Remove new scheduled task ("Adobe Flash Player Updater") from this folder: C:\WINDOWS\Tasks
After removing this task, it still shows up in the MMC Task Scheduler.

ltsnow
Premium Member
Valdosta, GA

ltsnow

Premium Member

Not in my copy of XP Pro because I have all help files removed. So Taskschd.msc is not present.
ltsnow

1 edit

1 recommendation

ltsnow to OZO

Premium Member

to OZO
Thank you so much OZO for creating that little cmd file. I modified your version by adding the removal of the scheduled task:

sc delete AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
Schtasks /delete /TN "Adobe Flash Player Updater"
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO

Premium Member

You're welcome, ltsnow See Profile!