Search similar:

uniqs
kungpow
join:2002-10-06
Canada

kungpow

[Other] PowerPoint 2010 - Color Printing Issue

Hi,

I have a powerpoint 2010 slide where the colors look right on the screen but when printed the colors are somewhat off.

I have some shadows on the title of the slide but the shadows don't get printed. I have a logo that's transparent with the background but when printed the logo has a darker rectangle box around it. It should not have this darker rectangle box around the logo.

How do I get the slides to print off the color printer properly via powerpoint?

When I do a print screen of the slide and print it using mspaint, the colors look fine and the shadows show up as well.

Thanks

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

It doesn't surprise me that the colors in the slides don't print exactly as they appear on the screen. A lot depends on how you have calibrated the colors on your screen and printer.

As far as the dark rectangle, there could be an issue with PowerPoint 2010. What Service Pack are you running (the latest is SP1)?
kungpow
join:2002-10-06
Canada

kungpow

I'm don't have sp1 install for office2010. I don't think that's the issue.

»www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00761_ ··· oint.htm
quote:
And in some cases, CMYK graphics files can cause weird display or printing problems, so it's best to avoid CMYK altogether.
I'm going to try save as pdf in powerpoint 2010 and try printing it that way when I'm back at the office. I printed to a bullzip pdf printer and the color was off but when I used the powerpoint 2010 pdf save as, the colors looked fine.