spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dramzen

join:2010-09-30

What happens if I go over my bandwidth cap?

Just saw that the bump-up program has been delayed until August and didn't start last month.

I'm on BB50 and have a 400GB cap. I haven't gone over my limit or even gotten close but that might change in the near future. What would happen if I downloaded/uploaded 500GB? 800? 1600?

Are they just ignoring the caps until August? Would they shut down my internet? Charge me extra? Kick down my door KGB-style?

Cornat

join:2011-10-17
Kelowna, BC

said by dramzen:

Kick down my door KGB-style?

lol, Just picture Shaw's Bandwidth SWAT Team is 4 guys running around in "contract costumes" kicking down doors.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to dramzen

Basically, nothing

If you go over by a lot, (several TB), you might get phone call, usually only if your node is congested though.

-Posted from my phone.

ilianame

join:2002-06-05
Burnaby, BC
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to Cornat

KGB didn't kick down any doors - they preferred explosives.

Shaw doesn't really enforce caps,
it is up to you to honor the service agreement.

Nothing really would happen if you downloaded/uploaded 1600GB,
the worst that may happen is that a few people from your node might come up complaining about their Internet being slow due to over saturation :P

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to dramzen

Nothing right now. If you're on the bb50 and bb100 packages they want to make it so it automatically bumps you to the next package if you use too much bandwidth. They keep pushing the implementatin date for that back, so right now nothing happens.

I think the bandwidth tracker is out to lunch. It said I used less than 20gb's last month. I've done way more then that. Probably closer to 500gb. Since March 5th it says I've used .7gb's.. lol.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

'wonders if they need time to fix the not monitoring the news protocol'

humm..

-Posted from my phone.

ravenchilde

join:2011-04-01
kudos:2
reply to zod5000