uniqs
Josof
join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA

Josof to HaloMom

to HaloMom

Re: Personal and main pics

said by HaloMom:

But I do love the biscuits n gravy and blue crabs from the Bay.

lol, relatives come visit in the summer from all over just to go crabbing. i dont mind. theres nothing like family,cold beer, and pickin on table of freshly caught steamed blue crabs.

Halo, you're from chesterfield? have you tried the shrimp and grits at The Village on Grace St. That Mole sauce they top it with sets it off.

Also NoVa and Tidewater are like night and day. We actually call it country fried down here. no right or wrong just different. see even in the same state you have regional differences.

and are we really having a discussion about Country/Chicken fried steak lol. Snuff must be loving it

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

said by Josof:

lol, relatives come visit in the summer from all over just to go crabbing. i dont mind. theres nothing like family,cold beer, and pickin on table of freshly caught steamed blue crabs.

I lived near the Chesapeak Bay while going to college and I can barely keep the saliva in my mouth when I start thinking of the blue crabs we used to catch in our own traps, and the ice cold Natty Boh.
Josof
Virginia Beach, VA

Josof

said by saillaw:

said by Josof:

I lived near the Chesapeak Bay while going to college and I can barely keep the saliva in my mouth when I start thinking of the blue crabs we used to catch in our own traps, and the ice cold Natty Boh.

ever try it Free Hand Sail? fun stuff. all you need is some nylon rope,fishing weights, and some raw chicken necks. Its great when you pull your line in and 5 crabs at the end of it fighting over that piece of chicken. just remember to wear some reef runners or else you toes will get all chewed up. good times.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

Yeah we used to do that too was great fun.

I caught a king crab in Kodiak once that way too
Josof
Virginia Beach, VA

1 edit

Josof

said by saillaw:

Yeah we used to do that too was great fun.

Did you ever have to rescue any of those crabbers like on the Deadliest Catch?
Slydermv
join:2010-03-11
Thunder Bay, ON

Slydermv to saillaw

to saillaw
said by saillaw:

Dirty girl eh? They got cream for that bro...
HaloMom
join:2010-10-15
Chesterfield, VA

1 edit

HaloMom to Josof

to Josof
No, I haven't been to The Village but will definitley check it out. And you are right about the regions being so different. NoVa especially. I wouldn't even consider it a part of the "south".