All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

curious
@telus.net

curious

Anon

[TV] telus satellite tv connection to phone lines.

i am currently thinking of switching to telus satellite.
and i noticed in the FAQ:
Do I need a working phone line connected to my receiver to get TELUS Satellite TV?
Yes. At least one receiver must be connected to your phone line. By doing so, you can easily order interactive games, Pay Per View movies, sports and events and new channels from your receiver and enjoy Call Display on your TV screen (subscription required).
if i want more than one receiver, do they all have to be connected to a phone line?
xeonic
Premium Member
join:2011-09-03

xeonic

Premium Member

I was with Bell (Telus Satellite TV is rebranded Bell TV) for 10 years before getting Telus IPTV and Bell said the same thing, I had 6 receivers and for the longest time, none of them were connected to the phone line and it was never a problem. I did eventually connect my HDPVR for the on-screen CID and to rent PPV events but I never connected any of the other units. I did however find that if you ordered a PPV event via that single unit and the telephone line, that you could only view the event on that unit but if you ordered the event online (I don't know if Telus provides this option) then every single unit on the account was able to watch that event at the same time.