/popcorn

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to ProtusMose
Suspicion confirmed. Makes sense since you voted for both cop and doc. You two ran a good game.

Dunga Bee
Put A Little Butter On It

join:2004-07-26
USA
reply to ekster
Modem's smart comment about no comment unless he is on to something confirms he is laying in the weeds watching us lynch one another.

Vote Modem

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to ekster
Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 3

Krisnatharok - 1 - ProtusMose (L-2)
DrModem - 2 - Krisnatharok, Dunga Bee (L-1)

Players not voting: DrModem, Meningitis

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Dunga Bee
said by Dunga Bee:

Modem's smart comment about no comment unless he is on to something confirms he is laying in the weeds watching us lynch one another.

Vote Modem

Unfortunately it doesn't confirm anything, as our cop never (presumably) got any good investigations off before he was whacked. However, it's my best lead.

It all comes down to Meng--if he makes the wrong vote the game ends now. If he lynches the mafia, we'll be LoL again tomorrow.

I really can't get a good read on you since Drew doesn't have very strong meta signatures, and I'm not sure how much he's influencing you, but I am betting on the PM/Modem angle--one votes in each lynch, the other attempts to lurk through the game.

I mean, OOPS, I should have PM'd this since Dunga and I are clearly the mafia.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Dunga Bee

USA
KrisN: You seem to have been given the role of my anti-mentor since you slam most things I do.

I am a noob at this and my be premature voting (I hope it does not turn out to be a recurring issue..LOL). Anyway. When I say confirms, I suppose it means it confirms that it is the best option I can find and with so little game experience, I am trying to find my way and root out the bad guys.

I might be contributing to the town downfall by acting too much on hunches but that is the only way for me to play with zero knowledge of tendencies of anyone.

I am a little concerned about you too with your bashing of me but I still think inactivity ~= scum. Maybe in later games I'll learn otherwise but that's how I am going to roll for now.

Excuse any typos or other crap a I am posting from my phone.

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE
kudos:4
Reviews:
·ooma
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Suspicion confirmed. Makes sense since you voted for both cop and doc. You two ran a good game.

lol. I was like the first vote on either one.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
said by ProtusMose:

said by Krisnatharok:

lol. I was like the first vote on either one.

So you're just voting for the hell of it.

ima take my train and go play by myself.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
Bellevue, NE
Reviews:
·ooma
reply to Krisnatharok
Men's the wild card. He's "checked in" three times and not posted anything since page 1 (100ppp) IIRC. He's been a complete no show. The more you post the stronger I feel about you. Here's how it is.

It just so happens it is you and dunga.

If it was you and modem, that'd be a horrible play and he'd never go along with it.

If it was you and men, he'd have given up the lay-low and hammered by now, unless you're waiting with baited breath for him to come out of whatever coma he's in and finish modem off.

The only other option are it's modem and men and modem's gotten really unlucky with an awol partner.
--
Blogsaus "Everyone bows to something. Everyone answers to someone. Wherever your treasure lies, there your heart will be also.

Who do you belong to? " - Andrew Schwab

Dunga Bee

USA
I am confused. I thought the lay low was a mafia tactic. Now You are saying the more you chat the more suspect you are.

Confused so I choose

unvote

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
Bellevue, NE
Reviews:
·ooma
Activity as an indicator of affiliation is hit or miss, but can be used in conjunction with anything from concrete evidence to a gut feeling to help form an opinion. When mafia are laying low, they won't be the first vote. They won't be the first to accuse someone of anything unless there's a blatant hole they can jump on. They vote on an L3 or L2 to avoid being the hammer. They wait until someone makes a point and then "Yeah, what about that!?" They still post occasionally to keep up pretenses, but you don't see their names 20 times on a page.

Modem's been lurking. He's not posting a lot, but he's still making appearances. That's sketchy at times. Men has been straight up absent. Completely dropping off the grid is conspicuous, so people don't normally do that.

Unvoting with only a little pressure on you is also conspicuous, but would be an odd move if it really was you and krisn. (Nice touch, drew.)
--
Blogsaus "Everyone bows to something. Everyone answers to someone. Wherever your treasure lies, there your heart will be also.

Who do you belong to? " - Andrew Schwab

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to ProtusMose
You make some good points, but it could be FUD at LoL. My vote stays on Modem for now. I definitely want to hear from Meng.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
join:2006-10-19
USA
kudos:1
Men isn't one of the mafia and I'll tell you why.

A lone mafia in a lol won't just throw in a vote by himself if his partner is alive. Any pursuit of men is a distraction, as far as I'm concerned.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA
But anyway, I'm ready to vote for who I think is most reliably likely to be mafia.

vote dunga bee

And Kris gets runner up award.
Expand your moderator at work

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to ekster

Re: [game] Newbie F11 Take 2

Official Vote Count

Dunga Bee - 1 - DrModem (L-2)
DrModem - 2 - Krisnatharok, Dunga Bee (L-1)

Players not voting: Meningitis

Dunga Bee

USA
reply to ProtusMose
said by ProtusMose:

Unvoting with only a little pressure on you is also conspicuous, but would be an odd move if it really was you and krisn. (Nice touch, drew.)

Perceived strategy aside, I removed my vote based on your comments that activity can look suspicious. In the few games I lurked on, it seemed pretty universal that inactivity (as long as someone was getting lynched) was a good play for mafia since it kept them out of the spotlight.

With that in mind, when I had little else to go on, I looked for those that were totally MIA or very inactive and looked for anything I could find that was odd about them.

Modem's late game participation looks scummy to me based on how I'd probably play if I were in his shoes.

But, I am happy for now to sit and spin because I'd rather do nothing than lynch the wrong person and lose.

ekster missed my unvote before so:

UNVOTE

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to ekster
/me sucks at keeping track this game.

Official Vote Count

DrModem - 1 - Krisnatharok (L-2)

Players not voting: Meningitis, Dunga Bee

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA
Question: it's been days, and the mafia team could have easily lynched one of the three people currently voted for and ended the game... But they haven't.

Curious, hm? Unless the mafia team is already on that board.

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
Bellevue, NE
Why would they be splitting votes, though? The fact that men has been awol and we're still doing this is making me think he's involved. Dunga just unvoted. Men's the only way to explain why we're still sitting here.

vote Meningitis

Dunga Bee

USA
reply to DrModem
Your reasoning is sound, unless Meng is mafia but has dropped his PC in the tub and can't participate at all.

Barring that, Meng is also townie.

You suspect me as mafia. I suspect you somewhat but I want to be objective to be sure I am right.

Meningitis
Hi
Premium
join:2009-03-06
Places
reply to ekster
Wow. I completely spaced on this game, forgot I was in it at all.

My bad guys. I've got to head home but will read the game when I get there.

Again, sorry about that.
--
Get in here! Pub Games

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
Bellevue, NE
I'll bet you forgot, Nancy.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to ekster
Official Vote Count

DrModem - 1 - Krisnatharok (L-2)
Meningitis - 1 - ProtusMose (L-2)

Players not voting: Dunga Bee, Meningitis

Dunga Bee

USA
reply to ProtusMose
said by ProtusMose:

I'll bet you forgot, Nancy.

I'll buy that for a dollar.

Dunga Bee

USA
reply to ekster
Vote Meng

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
vote Meningitis

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to ekster
Sorry for the anti-climactic ending, guys. I'm in training for a couple weeks and can't get any cell service where I am so I couldn't participate.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA
reply to ProtusMose
Smooth, PM.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
said by DrModem:

Smooth, PM.

And then Modem gets shot in the head!

MAFIA WINS!

KrisN was the mafia role blocker
Dunga was the mafia goon.

Block was the cop
f0rty was the doc
PM was the noob and the rest were plain townies.