bsipe9
join:2007-03-24
Berea, OH

bsipe9 to Body Count

to Body Count

Re: WOW Moment .. New $4 phone fee in May

said by Body Count:

vonage or magicjack plus.

best alternatives. show them you don't like it and disconnect the phone service.

I'd heard nothing but awful things about magicjack. But I broke down in October when the magicjack plus came out and I've been pretty darn happy. Call quality has never been an issue. Only annoyance for me so far is that you have to dial your local area code for local calls. But for $400 a year savings, that's something I can live with.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

said by bsipe9:

I'd heard nothing but awful things about magicjack. But I broke down in October when the magicjack plus came out and I've been pretty darn happy. Call quality has never been an issue. Only annoyance for me so far is that you have to dial your local area code for local calls. But for $400 a year savings, that's something I can live with.

Yeah I wouldn't buy the first magicjack just because you had to keep a computer running if you wanted your phone to work. even with a laptop that right there would offset the reduced costs by handing out higher electric bills.

But the plus version doesn't need a computer. Plus they said they fixed two big issues. Something with call echo... and voice quality.

I was thinking of getting the plus version but I have no need for it since I use my cell phone as a home phone.
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned) to bsipe9

to bsipe9
Most areas need to dial the area code for local calls. It's becoming the norm as areas codes are being low on numbers. 440,216,330 and 614 have area codes ready to be put in place and ready to be switched to 10-digit dialing. 216 already had it in place but was later canceled by the State.

And it's no big deal to dial 3 extra numbers. You should actually get used to it.
smellslikeMI
join:2012-02-15
Troy, MI

smellslikeMI to Body Count

to Body Count
magic jack plus. no PC required. mine works great.