share rss forum feed

R2
R Not
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-18
Long Beach, CA
kudos:1

[IE] Problems with web sites....

IE8 seems to have lost functionality. The only thing new is that I dropped McAfee and installled Windows Security Essentials. Is this my problem???

Examples:

1) Clicking the "Preview/Attach" button here works, but clicking "+ upload attachments" does nothing. Nothing occurs. It works in Chrome.

2) On this web site (»www.silverrock.org/golf_teetime.html) clicking the date in IE does nothing. In Chrome calendar drops down.

It is as if IE has lost some of its functionality. I tried to update to IE9 - but it somehow did not take!!

Does any know what is going on?? Reinstall IE8???

R2
R Not
Premium,MVM
Long Beach, CA

The Quick Reply button also does not work!!

OK I try to download IE8, but humorously there is NO version for Windows 7! I downloaded the one for Vista. I hope that is right... This is 64 bit.

R2
R Not
Premium,MVM
Long Beach, CA

1 edit
reply to R2

ADD: My gadgets (on the Desktop) are broken too!! What is up with that? Is they related to IE?

ADD #2: Adobe Flash is no longer working, and if I try to Download it in IE, nothing happens - it won't download!!

This is totally crazy. I cannot download and reinstall IE8 - it tells me it does not run on Win7. I download and install IE9 and it doesn't work - I am still in IE8. I cannot uninstall IE - there is no option under Add/Remove programs. Catch 22....

R2
R Not
Premium,MVM
Long Beach, CA
reply to R2

I was forced to upgrade to IE9.... No choice. The gadgets only partially work. The clock is back, but the calendar and the weather do not....

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12
reply to R2

It sounds like you have "Active Scripting" DISABLED!

I am on IE6 and i also have SCRIPTS DISABLED and i get the same results as you pointed out in your opening post...

R2
R Not
Premium,MVM
Long Beach, CA

Quite possibly... I am using IE9 now and my major gripe is having the single Address/Search bar -- and being forced to use Bing!! Is there a where to change the Search to Google???

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC
kudos:4

»www.howtogeek.com/howto/29084/ad···-9-beta/

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

And with a little reg edit you can use SSL secured google instead, or IPv6 google

Jambu

@sbcglobal.net
reply to R2

Re: [IE] Problems with web sites....

Some sites will not work with Active Scripting and Cookies disabled.
Not all sites will tell u so and you'll b staring at the same page over and over. This is from my own experience.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12

Yup thats quite true!!!!!

When i check my walla.com email i have to enable them...