how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

intok

join:2012-03-15

1 recommendation

[Rave] Delta faucets warranty!

About 12 years ago we bought a Delta 3 mode showerhead on a hose, well after more then a decade of daily use by multiple people the mount cracked, a 5 minute call to Delta later they said they'd replace the part for free after 2-6 weeks, well it finally came and they instead of sending a new mount they sent a whole new 7 mode showerhead set »www.truevalue.com/product/7-Spra···3195.uts

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

said by intok:

About 12 years ago we bought a Delta 3 mode showerhead on a hose, well after more then a decade of daily use by multiple people the mount cracked, a 5 minute call to Delta later they said they'd replace the part for free after 2-6 weeks, well it finally came and they instead of sending a new mount they sent a whole new 7 mode showerhead set »www.truevalue.com/product/7-Spra···3195.uts

So, how does it work _ you ship the showerhead and do without a shower for 6 weeks?

I'm serious because I usually have just purchased another product and thrown the old one away.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

intok

Nope, they took my word for it, asked for the info off the old warranty tag and asked for my mailing address. No charge at all and didn't have to send anything back.

Save your warranty info!

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

said by intok:

Nope, they took my word for it, asked for the info off the old warranty tag and asked for my mailing address. No charge at all and didn't have to send anything back.

Save your warranty info!

That's great. Thanks very much.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to intok

To be fair, they're that generous because who really calls in a warranty repair on a 12 year old showerhead? Like maybe 4 people a year? But, good for you on keeping the warranty tag and actually following up on it. We just bought a Delta showerhead today with a 25 year warranty, so maybe I'll actually keep the package insert now.

intok

Well it said "Lifetime Warranty", the replacement also says lifetime warranty. Kept it in the file cabinet next to the 20 year warranty on my Calphalon nonstick pans and the warranties for my HDDs.

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to intok

Delta and Moen are both excellent for this sort of thing... Glad to hear they took good care of you!

aannoonn

@optonline.net
reply to intok

I bought the same Delta showerhead. Does the hose on yours have a bad chemical smell? I returned a Waterpik showerhead because the hose had an even worse smell.

intok

The hose had "new car smell", not the first large large PVC based plastic item packaged in an airtight container that has had that smell. Yeah I know PVC is toxic.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpmE_b90XTU

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to intok

You can only get plastic hoses these days? UGH. I have a Waterpik shower head and hose from 36 years ago that isn't a plastic hose. It still works great. I did have the mount crack many, many years ago and Waterpik replaced it quickly. It has been fine ever since. I sure would hate to have to get a new one with a plastic hose and, of course, crippled because they all have reduced water pressure for a number of years now. (Just like crappy toilets if you are unfortunate enough to have to replace your 40 year old one).
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson