Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Thaler

Premium Member

to Thaler

Re: Scroll of Resurrection - MMO-C speculation

Need+ is +100 to a standard 1-100 roll, so the lowest you can possibly roll with a bonus is 101, and the highest you can roll without is 100. Ergo, role bonus always beats a non-bonus roll. The whple thing is meant to allow Main spec (as determine by class and role) > Offspec (as determined by need eligibility by class) > green = disenchant.

And thus metta experienced a bug, if described correctly.

Also, stupid English homonyms makes this hard to type correctly.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

There's supposedly other bonuses in play as well to the roll system (ie. some kind of non-loot-won bonus) and other things. But again, the only way to get any items at all is just to click the Need dice any & all the time. I can't keep track of all the various ways that rolls can get altered...I just know that there doesn't appear to be any penalty at all for Need+/Need-ing for everything - even if you do have the item in question already.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

The "non-loot-won" bonus is only if two identical items drop, you only get the roll bonus on the first item if you win it. If the items are distinct, there's no addition or removal of bonuses.

But yes, roll Need always. Everyone else does. Which is of course, why they are changing the system.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

Yup...it's kinda like forced Needing, but at least you're all competing against the same "House", and not against everyone else in your group.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

Need+ is +100 to a standard 1-100 roll, so the lowest you can possibly roll with a bonus is 101, and the highest you can roll without is 100. Ergo, role bonus always beats a non-bonus roll. The whple thing is meant to allow Main spec (as determine by class and role) > Offspec (as determined by need eligibility by class) > green = disenchant.

And thus metta experienced a bug, if described correctly.

Also, stupid English homonyms makes this hard to type correctly.

Not sure if I'm following this right...

But 3 times now in dungeons, I've had hunters/healing druids take gear that was an upgrade for me. To the point where I refuse to go with a druid healer in LFG, I'll kick them first. AGI Leather gear, stam/? trinkets, and I think a ring.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

That roll logic is only incorporated in to LFR's.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
That 101-200 bonus roll only applies to LFR raids. Dungeon randoms still follow the same old need/greed 1-100 rolls only. They're supposed to be making changes to looting in MoP but I'm not exactly sure what they're doing.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to JB9

to JB9
said by JB9:

That roll logic is only incorporated in to LFR's.

correct. what i was referencing