how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Oriley

join:2006-06-23
Aurora, MN

[MN] I Have To Vent.....Just A Little Bit

Not sure how many years I've had cable but my one remote is driving me crazy and just worn out....guide button sometimes takes 5-10 hits to work. Guess I use that the most. Called MC and they said they'd mail me one for $25 or I could drive 3 cities over ($15 for gas) and exchange it for free. Please, I pay these people $173 a month and they can't mail one for a decent price or drop it off when they happen to come by?

Calling CS you listen to a bunch of options and FINALLY get to the "a sales representative will be on the line shortly." Second later they say you haven't entered any information and the call will disconnect in ten seconds......then they hang up on you.

PEOPLE....don't they realize a rotary phone will last centuries and still have as clear a voice as the day it was born?

My service has been great but this just ticks me off a bit.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103

As long as the remote is not damaged due to misuse or neglect (dropping, pet damage, water damage, etc.) we will refund the remote charge once we receive the old remote back from you.

Oriley

join:2006-06-23
Aurora, MN

1 recommendation

So, if I have them mail me one and I mail the old one back it will only cost me postage? If so, I wish the girl would have told me that.

Thanks

Sajan Parikh

join:2011-03-05
Walcott, IA

1 edit
reply to Oriley

I will say about the IVR, that it is extremely annoying. The eternity (as it feels) that it takes to enter the phone number, confirm, enter SSN, confirm...only to have to the person pick up and ask your for Full Name, Address, Phone, and SSN...is THE most frustrating thing about it all.

I call DirecTV and they recognize my phone number, ask for SSN, and I'm greeted with "What can I do for you?"

My service has been absolutely great, but every interaction with the phone support has been terrible.

For support now, I either IM MediacomChad here or use the email contact form on their website. 2 great ways to get amazing service.

Edit: I also tweeted at them a while ago and got great responses.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to Oriley

Just keep pressing 0. skips a lot of crap when you call mediacom.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103

sajanNOPPIX, I am glad we were able to assist you over the web side of support. Keep me posted if you ever need assistance.