uniqs
share rss forum feed

SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL

[Thunderbird] Deleating Filtering troubles in new version's of T

I ran an old version of Thunderbird (can't remember which) for quite some time. I finally broke down and let it update to a current version. Once I did that I've been plagued with (Can't filter to XXX) or Unable to write to Folder trash, or it simply won't delete a email showing on the screen.

I think all the troubles are related, so looking at the delete problem, if I hit the delete key, some times it works some times it doesn't. Even when it won't delete, it still sends a copy of the email to the trash folder, each time the delete key it hit or the delete button is pressed. It can still sometimes delete the next message, other times once it decides it won't delete, it is unable to delete anything else until I close it down and restart.

This continues to occur even after all mail folders have been compacted and "repaired".

Quite confusing..

Cat Scratch

join:2005-06-27
kudos:1

Re: [Thunderbird] Deleating Filtering troubles in new version's

You said that you are using the 'current version' of T-bird. Would that be v11.0 or v11.0.1 ?

There is a bug fix out for v11.0. See this thread; »Thunderbird 11.0.1 Released

If I remember correctly, the newest update arrived the day after updating to v11.0 (at least for me anyway).

SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL
it's ver11.0.1 and still has the problem. It did have it on 11.0 as well, but never ever had a problem prior to upgrading.