drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to f0rtys3ven

Re: [Cataclysm] Coming Back

Well other classes involve maximizing uptime on self-buffs & long/short DPS cooldowns.

drew
Radiant
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
reply to Ginjer
said by Ginjer:

Yeah, the rotation is easy, but getting good numbers isn't.

If you're getting solid crits & a lot of starsurge procs, it sure isn't.

I also hate having to cheese the eclipse mechanic on AOE fights (H. Rhyo)
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

CpnObvious

join:2010-05-05
Alexandria, VA
kudos:3
reply to drew
Drew: yeah, I know. I benched my boomie in early t13 content because I just couldn't take it anymore. Switched him out for a dps dk, haven't looked back.

Cyr: Meh, rets are alright, but since the seal-nerf to Gurth they're second-class citizens among raiding melee.
--
"Hunters are SOL, but that's normal." -Nickdres

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
I am either going to have to Xfer my DK over to Mal'Ganis, or I am going to have to re-level another one. Why the hell do I have to have the shitty DPS!? Oh well, my Huntard and Mage are still doing decent.
--
Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (Tauren Paladin), Potable (80 Goblin Priest) Mal'Ganis/Horde

CpnObvious

Alexandria, VA
reply to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

Is anything that hard anymore ?

I learned the surv rotation in 20 min flat.

Outside of feral kitty I don't think anything is that complicated anymore. Is feral kitty even still complex?

Heh, there's no such thing as a surv rotation once you get 2 piece t13. It flows a lot more like BM after that. You free-swap between 3 and 4 shot sets between explosives, and between 0, 1, and 2 arcanes per set. Surf the focus.

Feral kitty isn't hard this expac. In fact, once you get the tier gear giving you a 60 percent blood-in-the-water, it's one of the easier specs to play.

I find sub rogue pretty engaging. It's not "hard," but it occupies the attention better than most specs just because it's a lot of APM.
--

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
So, what kind of DPS do kitties do now? I may keep taking in my Boomchicken in order to get Feral gear.

drew
Radiant
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
reply to CpnObvious
I'm enjoying s.priest a LOT.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
Drew, tonight, we run Heroics, and you help me Ninja all the Leather (Feral) gear.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to drew
Love the purps.

So fun. Dot dot dot sear. THE NUMBERS AHAHAA!

CpnObvious

Alexandria, VA
reply to Ginjer
Feral dps is decent, but not jaw-dropping. They're certainly nowhere near their WotLK glory days.

I haven't looked at the raidbots averages lately, but if I had to rank melee (single target) dps off the top of my head, it'd probably go:

Sub Rogues
Combat Rogues/Arms Warriors
Frost DKs
Assas Rogues
UH DKs
Ferals/Rets
Fury Warriors/Enhance shammies

Note that the classes on the bottom aren't doing "bad" dps... every spec can do passable dps these days. They're just *as a whole* not doing as much as those above them. (You'll run into the occasional guy who blows his spec sterotype out of the water, but the exceptions don't make the rule.)

@Drew: Glad to hear it. Priest is the only class I don't at least LFR weekly, so they're something of a mystery to me.
--

drew
Radiant
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
I think that "as" was superfluous.

CpnObvious

Alexandria, VA
...the one in the rogue title?

drew
Radiant
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
Yes

CpnObvious

Alexandria, VA
My pristine mind is writhing in the fires of your evil.

Or, not.
--

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to Antonica
Damnit. I may try and Xfer my Rogue over. Or just wait until the Xpac and roll one. My rogue is almost 80 on my Alliance server, so maybe I can re-roll one from scratch and start fresh. What class is better? Goblin/Orc/Troll?
--
Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (Tauren Paladin), Potable (80 Goblin Priest) Mal'Ganis/Horde

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
Ideally a tauren, stealth moos ftw.

If they can be pallies, let them be rogues at this point.

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
kudos:1
reply to Ginjer
We'll see.

Real life event coming up. Part of it starts today, and big thing happens next week so I may not be on for a bit (other than naps)
and after bedtime

CpnObvious

Alexandria, VA
reply to Ginjer
I guess it depends on just how min/max you're trying to go.

If you're looking for a toon with the "highest potential raid dps," then that's going to present you with a limited set of specs.

If you're looking for a toon that you can "thrash most of the ninnies in LFR"... that's any of 'em.

I'm by no means advocating you choose a class solely based on what's parsing the highest in hard-mode raids right now... unless your objective is to parse the highest in hard-mode raids.
--

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to bTU
My Tauren Pally rocks. Have to love the extra stun. The only reason I made him a Tauren is because he is my Gathering (Herb and Skinning). I think a stealth Orc seems cool, but we shall see. At least I xferred all my BOA leather gear and weapons with me. So that should make things a little easier.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Orc rogues are cool.

I played one in BC, but their stealth at that point looked really cumbersome. Like a fat guy on his tippee toes.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
Yeah, that is why I was wondering what their primary stats are? Is Hase good for them? If so, I would just rock that, but the Orc Racial seems to be pretty good for DPS. And, if I am correct, they get Expertise with axes? Not sure though.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
I like my Troll beserker.

Its a nice DPS CD for free.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
Troll hunter pop Rapid Fire + Berserker so much focus!!!

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
I have to dump focus soo much during that phase.

Then lock and load and I have to weave arcanes inbetween the explosive to stop from capping. Its nasty.

Energystream
Premium
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
Wish i had enough free cash to move additional characters over. Though my DK does well enough to help out. Have to figure out if I want to focus on DPS or tanking.

It's been a fun week, nice running with a group again, since almost all my old guild has dropped the game.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
Its been great to run with you this weekend, so far the tanking has been split between your DK, Ant's Druid and my Warrior which is great because I had time to get my hunter ready for LFR good thing is that queues are as fast with either a healer or a tank so we were abusing KrisN's Pally too.

Good times.
--
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to Antonica
I have moved a few guys over, but I had the extra money from re-enlisting, and really don't have anything else I need/want. I figured why not.

drew
Radiant
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
reply to Antonica
I'll just leave this here.

»Re: [poll] How many times have you "quit" WoW?

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
I have quit 4 times. Once before I maxed anyone. Once after I maxed a rogue in BC. Once after failing to kill LK for 3 months.
Once after failing to lvl to 85.

Back again with bbr peeps. We will see how long it lasts.
--
I guess words are a motherfucker, they can be great. Or they can degrade, or even worse, they can teach hate. It's like these kids hang on every single statement we make.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to Antonica
I just resubbed again after only a few months off.

For some reason I just lost interest in SWTOR.

For now I am leveling a new toon just to kill time while waiting for Diablo3, play more when Pandas come in.