spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lrcollin
join:2010-08-08
Lake Mary, FL

lrcollin

[Internet] BrightHouse Lightning and VOIP

I have standard BH RoadRunner with their Scientific Atlanta WebStar cable modem and my own dual-band wireless router and a Vonage VOIP box. I am considering upgrading to a combo offering from BH that would have the Lightning internet service and the BH internet phone.

Does the Lightning modem/router box (UBEE??) also include the VOIP function, or will I still have a second "box" to do the BH internet phone?? I do plan to go with "Bridged Mode" Lightning and continue to use my own wireless router if that matters.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Howdy,

It will be an all in one D3 gateway and yes you can bridge no problem and use your own router. If I may ask what is the make and model of that router?
lrcollin
join:2010-08-08
Lake Mary, FL

lrcollin

Cisco/Linksys E3000 Router being used today. Hoping to upgrade to an ASUS RT-N56U at some point.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by lrcollin:

Cisco/Linksys E3000 Router being used today. Hoping to upgrade to an ASUS RT-N56U at some point.

YAY on the Asus...let me know if you need help there...the future is bright for that beast. The 3000 will work for now but I wouldn't stress it too much like torrenting from hell because it will choke on you eventually. For the average stuff it should be fine though.
sbiller1
join:2011-05-25
Tampa, FL

sbiller1

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by lrcollin:

YAY on the Asus...let me know if you need help there...the future is bright for that beast. The 3000 will work for now but I wouldn't stress it too much like torrenting from hell because it will choke on you eventually. For the average stuff it should be fine though.

Any opinions yet on the Asus RT-N66U?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to lrcollin

Premium Member

to lrcollin
Not yet Sam. Based on the initial release problems I've stayed away from the device. As initial rollouts go the 66's was not what I would call good but as you know things can improve quickly.
sbiller1
join:2011-05-25
Tampa, FL

sbiller1

I placed an order for the 66 which is delayed 2-4 weeks (probably waiting on firmware updates). I think it will be a worthy replacement for my DIR-655 once they solidify the firmware.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to lrcollin

Premium Member

to lrcollin
I'm still pretty stuck on my 56u to be honest. Let me know how it plays once you get it.