Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

1 edit

DarkLogix

Premium Member

[IE] Anyone ever see this

Not really asking for help just pointing out something INSANE (mods feel free to move if another forum is better for this)

btw I'm blaming »blogs.computerworld.com/
because thats the site I had openand since I changed to waterfox opening it the mem seems normal

psafux
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10

psafux

Premium Member

If a different browser doesn't have the same issue, wouldn't it be more sensical to blame the browser vs the site?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

well it might have been some plug-in on the site, and I don't have any plug-ins loaded in waterfox

plus I was leaving the page open overnight so I'd easily resume reading.

and sure IF I used 32bit IE it wouldn't have been able to use quite as much.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix

From your screenshot it looks like you have 5 instances of IE open.. (I can do that with MyIE2 also but i have it locked to 1 instance only (Even if i click to open a new instance))

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium Member
join:2009-09-11

The Pig to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix

Re: [IE] Anyone ever see this

Some websites do that to me (XP)!
I just delete them all and open the browser again, if they are still there I run malware and virus scanner!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

Re:  

said by 19579823:

From your screenshot it looks like you have 5 instances of IE open.. (I can do that with MyIE2 also but i have it locked to 1 instance only (Even if i click to open a new instance))

I had 4 tabs open
ie 8 and newer (on that computer its IE9) it starts a process for each tab and one master one

the instance that was hitting 5GB was the tab that had the site I mentioned open.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to The Pig

Premium Member

to The Pig

Re: [IE] Anyone ever see this

said by The Pig:

Some websites do that to me (XP)!
I just delete them all and open the browser again, if they are still there I run malware and virus scanner!

That site would just slowly climb and climb, I had IE open for about 4 days at that point (left it open when I left for the day and just locked the pc)

seemed like a mem leak
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510

Give IE9 32-bit a try. I remember reading that IE9 64-bit uses an old JavaScript engine (probably the same one as IE8 uses), it's possible that it has other irregularities along with it.