ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
reply to mdlund0

Re: Insurance?

You have two things here, the equipment and then the fee to "suspend" service to the customer. This is talking more about that monthly fee.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3

But he is correct... and the topic of equipment was also raised by Prince Karl earlier as well. But also, insurance companies do have money payable for interim living expenses as well.. but still, it really doesn't cost the companies anything to hold the service at no charge to the consumer.. it's only the right thing to do.

I still believe that there is far more to this story than we all know. However, many people here take Karl for his word and superb reporting skills as he blogs.. and for the record, he's not always right and uses a lot of opinion and hype too.

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big

1 recommendation

said by fiberguy:

I still believe that there is far more to this story than we all know. However, many people here take Karl for his word and superb reporting skills as he blogs.. and for the record, he's not always right and uses a lot of opinion and hype too.

I take it you didn't read the linked article? It's pretty plain.

Time to crawl back under your rock.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3

Yea.. because that news article is an accurate description too. You know, before you craw back under YOUR rock, I used to work in a news room.. I used to anchor news as well for an NBC news station.. I have a degree in broadcasting. I'm very well aware of how these stories are written. I read this story and it's just outlining some facts.

... it got an emotional rise from you didn't it?

"Katherine Pfeiffer and Kathy Crawford soon found that residents were being told that they would be responsible for damaged or lost cable boxes and modems."

Yup! ... what's incorrect about this? They are in fact responsible for the price of the equipment - they can turn this over to home owners, as they should. Here's another side of the coin that ignorant people refuse to see. Any idea how many people claim the lost equipment on their claim, yet never pay the carrier? It works both ways.

I've already stated that the hold fees are ridiculous, however, why are people "holding" their accounts anyway? Turn the service off if the house is damage and has to be rebuilt or repaired. Phone services can be handled and I do find that it's a failure on Comcast's part for not having a plan in ANY system for these kinds of situations.. if they want to be a phone provider, they need to realize that they have to address these things. does that make the troll happy?

However, all the "outrage" of this story, there's nothing wrong with what was said.. the only thing I find ill-prepared is that they'd charge a hold fee but I write that issue off to lack of plans nationwide on Comcast's part AND talking to a tier one rep that's most likely in another state. This stuff happens but the providers do in fact end up resolving these things.

You guys spend so much time finding the slightest reasons to bash anything that you often forget, tornado or not, people still have to pick up their lives, and this is also part of it. You think the issue with Comcast is bad? .. wait until you have to deal with the insurance company, or the city or townships for that matter. Like it or not, the world still has to function in some sort of order and these are things that are worked through..

Buck up and join us in the real world.