spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Nadeem

@178.152.107.x

[HELP] CISCO 878

can we use cisco 878 G.SHDSL for internet 2 wire connection,is there any possibility to configure the router to use CISCO 878 for internet connection....if yes then what will the configuration on the router...and also i want to use this router only for normal internet connection,so please any1 tell me what will the config...

RyanG1
Premium
join:2002-02-10
San Antonio, TX
kudos:1
First off, what kind of internet connection do you have? is it SHDSL?

Nadeem

@dohabank.com.qa
the connection type is ADSL(PPPoE & encapsulation LLC/SNAP-Bridging).and its comming through the telephone line with 2 wire copper line, Line is preovided by the service provider(Telecom Company)..and i want to use CISCO 878 for this connection..then plz tell me what will be the configuration for this connection.(i was using ADSL modem before but now i want to use CISCO 878 for this connection).....plz tell me the configuretion....

RyanG1
Premium
San Antonio, TX
reply to Nadeem
SHDSL and ADSL are 2 different types of connections. You will need an ADSL controller to sync with ADSL service. The cisco 877 is an ADSL equipped cisco router.

Ryan

Nadeem

@178.153.23.x
I know but can we use cisco 878 for ADSL services,i want to configure CISCO 878 for ADSL line so plz tell me the config for CISCO 878.and also plz tell me the config of CISCO 877 for ADSL line...

RyanG1
Premium
San Antonio, TX
reply to Nadeem
Please re-read what i posted. The 878 is for SHDSL; you have ADSL. You will need the Cisco 877 in order to use it for ADSL as they are 2 different DSL configurations

Also, if you are not willing to put in any effort to learn the device then coming on these forums and begging for configuration is not always received kindly.

Please Google or search this site for references on a base config and get an understanding on how the router works, what the syntax is, and how to even access it to configure it.

Myself and all the others here are willing to help anyone regardless of their skill level but you only get what you are putting into it and right now you aren't putting in very much.

Ryan
--
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Nadeem

@178.153.23.x
where i can get the config for CISCO 877 for ADSL line.and also 878....pla if possible then tell me....

RyanG1
Premium
San Antonio, TX
reply to Nadeem
»Cisco Forum FAQ

Section 50.0 and 50.1 - shows docs on proper configs

I still think you are missing what im saying, 878 wont work on an ADSL line from all the docs i have read. Please research what you are wanting further as i think you will be running into issues rather quickly.

Ryan
--
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:19
reply to Nadeem
Nadeem you may want to read here about the various xDSL technologies and their differences.

Put another way, the differences between ADSL and SHDSL is like getting a car that runs on diesel, then
going to the fillup station for gasoline. It DOES NOT work that way.

Regards

Nadeem

@dohabank.com.qa
ok Thanks i got your point....thanks alot....

Nadeem

@178.153.23.x
please send me the config of CISCO 877 ADSL basic config with PPPoE protocol and static ip...over telephone line(copper)...

RyanG1
Premium
San Antonio, TX
reply to Nadeem
»Cisco Forum FAQ »Configuring router with integrated ADSL modem running PPPoE
and/or
»Cisco Forum FAQ »Generic PPPoE configuration

You need to be willing to learn this stuff Nadeem, there are plenty of resources here to help but just slapping in a config thats premade is not going to always work. Use the examples from the 2 links above to get a base config and then start tweaking it to suit your needs.

I would also suggest to not persist with the begging of the configuration(s); Instead please work WITH us rather than us working FOR you.

Ryan
--

Nadeem

@dohabank.com.qa
Thanks Ryan....i got it everything...