Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:14

[Rant] KFC's "sweet" corn

What crap this is!!

I goto KFC and im @ the drive thru and i see "Sweet Kernal Corn" (Which i love sweet corn) and i order a large container.... I get home and eat it,ITS NOT SWEET AT ALL!!!!!!!

I feel like bitching to them about it,ITS REGULAR CORN!! (Boston Markets tastes better than thier crap)

We had some Sweet corn from Price Chopper once THAT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!!!!

Ah well........

moes
Premium
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT
yeah I did this too dude, it's crap that is forsure and your right boston market does taste better

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
reply to Dude111

Re: [Rant] KFC's "sweet" corn

You guys are spoiled. We don't have a Colonel's here in Mayberry.

No BK either.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

AsherN
Premium
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON
reply to Dude111
It's KFC.

'Nuff said.

hortnut
Huh?

join:2005-09-25
PNW
kudos:2
reply to Dude111
Plus it is probably GMO corn.

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
reply to Dude111
I quit buying the corn when they stopped serving corn on the cobb. I do enjoy their cole slaw and green beans, both seem to be better then other places.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
reply to Dude111
Did you submit feedback to KFC, or just here?

Ken
Premium,MVM
join:2003-06-16
Markle, IN
reply to Dude111
said by Dude111:

ITS REGULAR CORN!!

I seriously doubt that it was regular corn, humans typically don't eat regular corn, we only eat sweet corn.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to jadinolf
said by jadinolf:

You guys are spoiled. We don't have a Colonel's here in Mayberry.

No BK either.

Trust me, you're not missing anything with either!

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to DC DSL
said by DC DSL:

Did you submit feedback to KFC, or just here?

Feedback apparently routes to /dev/nul

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Dude111
said by Dude111:

What crap this is!!

I goto KFC and im @ the drive thru and i see "Sweet Kernal Corn" (Which i love sweet corn) and i order a large container.... I get home and eat it,ITS NOT SWEET AT ALL!

Ahhhhhh KFC's version of the "angus scam"!

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC
reply to dvd536
said by dvd536:

Feedback apparently routes to /dev/nul

It does not hurt to try. At the very least, OP could receive a refund. Most companies actually do want to do right by their customers. Even if they won't change what wasn't satisfactory, they don't want people holding a grudge. When I have let a company know I wasn't satisfied with what I received, I usually get a full refund or voucher for a future purchase.
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by DC DSL:

(...) or voucher for a future purchase.

Dear customer, we're sorry you think our product tastes like crap, but have some more of it, free.

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC
said by dave:

Dear customer, we're sorry you think our product tastes like crap, but have some more of it, free.

I occasionally indulge my "bad for you" food Jones and get some Popeye's chicken and accompaniments. The one closest to me went through a phase where the food just wasn't being done right. The franchise operator's response was "this happens because of the high turnover of employees and there's not much I can do about it." I wasn't satisfied with that and contacted corporate. That got results. They refunded the $20-something I had spent, sent a coupon book of 10 "$10 off" coupons, and I received a letter from the franchise owner apologizing for the quality problems. Best part of it: They fixed the problems.

Most companies do care about customer satisfaction with their brand. That is why it's important to let them know if you aren't satisfied, and give them the opportunity to make things right. Just going off and badmouthing or dismissing "more of it, free" as being worthless, won't bring about any improvement. In the case of getting a coupon for "more, free" you should give them a month or 2 before going back and trying again. And, if you still aren't happy, let them know, again. If a lot of people let a company know they don't like something, it will be changed.
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
reply to dandelion
said by dandelion:

I quit buying the corn when they stopped serving corn on the cobb. I do enjoy their cole slaw and green beans, both seem to be better then other places.

They quit serving corn on the cobb?? NO! I haven't been to KFC in a while, because they shut down the 3 that were in my city at the same time(probably the same franchise owner). I know El Pollo Loco also has sweet corn and Corn on the Cobb
--
No Victim=No Crime

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to dave
said by dave:

said by DC DSL:

(...) or voucher for a future purchase.

yeah that always baffled me. if the food was bad enough to complain why would i want more for free[now a voucher for a competitor might make sense]

Ol Drippy
RIP,,, FRIEND
Premium
join:2003-10-22
Grand Island, NE
kudos:7
reply to Dude111
Wait until he hears about the chicken pot pie..
--
I like my coffee black, just like my metal.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
said by Ol Drippy:

Wait until he hears about the chicken pot pie..

Sounds like a way they get rid of their old chicken.
-
like mc donalds "mc bites" are a product that comes from the bottom of the mc nuggets containers.[broken l'il nubbins]

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA

Im afraid to eat chicken since I found out it has ARSENIC in it!

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:6
I hadn't heard that but I doubt organic chicken does. That is the chicken I eat...of course, fast food joints don't serve organic chicken but then I rarely patronize fast food places.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA
Ya organic chicken might be OK..

Here is a thread on it Mele:

"Playing With Fire" Chicken and Cancer Rates?

I posted a link to the article within it..... A very good thread!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Ken

said by Ken:

said by Dude111:

ITS REGULAR CORN!!

I seriously doubt that it was regular corn, humans typically don't eat regular corn, we only eat sweet corn.

also did you know that most corn grown now isn't edible till it's processed?

watch King of corn sometime.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
kudos:1
reply to Dude111

Re:  

Did you know global warming is linked to the decline in pirates on the high seas? Arr!

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

said by Ken:

said by Dude111:

ITS REGULAR CORN!!

also did you know that most corn grown now isn't edible till it's processed?

watch King of corn sometime.

What do you mean it isn't edible until processed? I always eat corn on the cob raw with no butter/extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper on it. I eat it plain and raw. It tastes much better raw (raw foods are really good for you anyway).

What is "sweet corn"? I have never heard that phrase used before. I eat corn on the cob and that is how it is described ....not described as "regular" vs "sweet". It is just fresh, just picked corn on the cob. I don't ever eat frozen or canned corn on or off the cob. I don't eat corn much anymore because most "fresh" corn is not fresh and has lost all nutritional value of which it didn't have much to begin with. (You check by piercing a kernel to see if the fluid runs clear or milky. If milky it is fresh. Also check the tassel, it should be silky and light colored. Never remove the husk until ready to cook and don't buy corn that has the husk removed or that has been in sunlight after being picked). It won't harm you if not fresh and will probably still taste good (but not sweet) but it has lost nutritional value. What will hurt you is that even organic corn on the cob has probably been affected by the GMO's in the regular (non organic) corn.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA
reply to Dude111

Well SWEET CORN is just corn soaked in a sweet sauce to make it taste even better (Price chopper sells some)

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here

1 recommendation

reply to Mele20

well if you're from HI we don't expect you to know the differences between the types of corn. sweet corn is the kind you eat. pop corn you also eat but you pop it first.

field (sometimes called dent corn) you eat in an indirect way as it is used to make syrups and starches and HFCS and shit loads more things. many plastic containers that delis use are made from corn based plastics. you can even buy clothing made from corn. field corn is also used for ethanol and as livestock feed.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
Considering that it was Mosanto HERE IN HAWAII that created the first GMO corn I doubt that Hawaii residents don't know about the different types of corn as it has been a subject of great political controversy. Companies like Mosanto have ruined much of our local food supply and have, just as predicted, contaminated the soil of organic farms. I have just never heard of "sweet corn" vs "corn". All fresh, edible corn is "sweet". Soaking fresh corn in a "sweet sauce" so that it is "more" sweet sounds awful to me.

Besides, I grew up on the Mainland. We had a huge garden every year with lots of rows of corn (I almost amputated my big toe when about 8 years old hoeing the soil but that was to plant red radishes and I guess I mistook my toe for a radish). The best way to eat corn is to go into a row of it and pick a ripe stalk of corn, shuck it right there and devour it before even getting out of the row. I guarantee it won't need any "sweet sauce".
--

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Dude111
Ignore the dude, he eats at fast food joints, so can't be expected to know about unprocessed food.

'Sweet corn' is simply corn with a higher-than-average sugar content. If you're eating corn on the cob, it's sweet corn.

»oxforddictionaries.com/definitio ··· EET+CORN

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_corn

Serve according to taste, with butter and black pepper. Not "sweet sauce", whatever that is.

Round here in New England, they're very fussy about it, to the extent of having preferences about variety. Me, I think it's 'okay'.

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here
reply to Mele20
there is most definitely a difference in field corn and sweet corn. i have no fucking clue what the other person is talking about with sweet sauce.

i highly doubt you ever grew field corn in your garden. you do not want to eat field corn. it is gross. you can easily identify field corn because it is much drier, has a dent in the top of the kernel, and takes longer to grow.

History Channel's series Modern Marvels did an excellent episode on corn once. Here is a youtube video of it. It's worth watching.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1tHgpPy ··· HgpPycmQ

and the best sweet corn is grown in iowa btw.

Ken
Premium,MVM
join:2003-06-16
Markle, IN
reply to Dude111

Re:  

said by Dude111:

Well SWEET CORN is just corn soaked in a sweet sauce to make it taste even better (Price chopper sells some)

No, not at all. Sweet corn is a type of corn that humans eat. Field corn is a type of corn that animals eat. All the corn on the cob or canned corn you have ever had in your life has been sweet corn. Humans don't eat field corn.