This is a sub-selection from Not that big of a deal

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
reply to baineschile

Re: Not that big of a deal

said by baineschile:

I keep my cabin up north on vacation mode. Its like $20 bucks a month, and you get to avoid the installation hubub.

I mean, if people want to keep their phone numbers available, i dont really see a way around it.

Wow. Talk about revealing your true colors. I wonder if the percentage of sociopaths in American is higher than in other countries.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
said by sonicmerlin:

said by baineschile:

I keep my cabin up north on vacation mode. Its like $20 bucks a month, and you get to avoid the installation hubub.

I mean, if people want to keep their phone numbers available, i dont really see a way around it.

Wow. Talk about revealing your true colors. I wonder if the percentage of sociopaths in American is higher than in other countries.

Do you even know what a sociopath is? .. clearly you don't.. perhaps you should keep the Doctoring to those with PhDs....

rahvin112

join:2002-05-24
Sandy, UT
Antisocial Personality Disorder is also known as psychopathy or
sociopathy. Individuals with this disorder have little regard for the
feeling and welfare of others.
As a clinical diagnosis it is usually
limited to those over age 18. It can be diagnosed in younger people
if the they commit isolated antisocial acts and do not show signs of
another mental disorder.

I'd say he has the definition just about right, are you the one that doesn't know what a sociopath is? The OP just compared keeping his "vacation" home on vacation mode to people that have lost everything and implies it's the same thing and reasonable. Lack of empathy is THE key aspect of a sociopath and the OP demonstrated it in spades.

dano9595

@cableone.net
reply to sonicmerlin
Ah yes, since we all have vacation homes, and "fart" 20 dollar bills out every month to pay for an unused service.

Seriously though, this is yet another reason I will never use Comcast. In fact, I have chosen where I will live, based on the services available, and that if I only have Comcast and one other option, I would choose another location.

To be honest, I dislike Comcast enough, that I have convinced my brother in law to switch to DSL from cable, and he is very happy he did. I also convinced my parents to drop cable and just use DSL, and they now have a Roku and use this for entertainment.

Message to the cable providers: you may have some of us fooled now, but eventually, you will be an optional service for most of us, and we will more than likely be choosing your competition. With the constant rate increases, decreases in level of services, throttling, caps, fee's, bandwidth gauges, horrible customer service, etc....your only making it harder for yourself to stay viable in a competative future...good riddance