Search similar:

uniqs
dvlogic
join:2009-07-09
Santa Cruz, CA

1 edit

dvlogic

Does this look right?

I finally have DOSCIS 3 enabled here in Santa Cruz, CA. What is weird is I have 2 channels down and 3 up.

Shaper probe indicates:

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 17923 Kbps.
Downstream: 24634 Kbps.

The measurement will last for about 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: Burst size: 1948-2110 KB; Shaping rate: 2128 Kbps.

Downstream: Burst size: 20407-20689 KB; Shaping rate: 16837 Kbps.

Is everything seem like it should be? Why does speed test and shaper probe seem to completely disagree? Also does it makes sense to have 2 channels down and 3 up?

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor

Premium Member

Click for full size
What tier are you on? I'm on Blast! up here in Mendocino County (Redwood Valley, between Ukiah and Willits), and I get this-

We just got D3 here about 2-3 months ago. However, we were stuck at the 16/2 provisioning until they had officially finished the work in Willits and Fort Bragg, then the provisioning changed to 22/4, I imagine the same is happening with the deployment down there. We have 4 bonded channels on the downstream and 2 on the upstream. FYI the distance on that is wrong, San Jose is 150 miles south of me, not 50.

Edit-I should note that we had uncapped uploads for a bit too, but once the work was finalized they settled down to what you see there.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

1 edit

motorola870

said by RR Conductor:

What tier are you on? I'm on Blast! up here in Mendocino County (Redwood Valley, between Ukiah and Willits), and I get this-

[att=2]

We just got D3 here about 2-3 months ago. However, we were stuck at the 16/2 provisioning until they had officially finished the work in Willits and Fort Bragg, then the provisioning changed to 22/4, I imagine the same is happening with the deployment down there. We have 4 bonded channels on the downstream and 2 on the upstream. FYI the distance on that is wrong, San Jose is 150 miles south of me, not 50.

Edit-I should note that we had uncapped uploads for a bit too, but once the work was finalized they settled down to what you see there.

actually your area has more than 4 downstreams it looks to be at least 6. As you have channels on 549MHz, 555MHz, 579MHz, and 585MHz. And it also looks like you are on a ARRIS CMTS as the ids are 1-6 instead of something like 45-48 or 76-79. The DOCSIS downstreams are consecutive so there are gaps in which your modem is not picking up channels due to it being a 4x4 modem instead of 8x4 modem.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor

Premium Member

Interesting, thanks! I guess I would have to have a 8 x 4 modem to take advantage of those, this looks like a good one-

»www.amazon.com/Zoom-DOCS ··· 063K4NN6

You're right about us being on a an Arris (Cadant) CMTS.