uniqs

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert to MineCoast

Premium Member

to MineCoast

Re: Can MJimLay be black listed on DSLR?

Why did you take back the server?

Steve
I know your IP address

join:2001-03-10
Tustin, CA

Steve to MineCoast

to MineCoast
said by MineCoast:

I don't see how you expect corenetworks or myself to give you any data back when the server was reformatted and you said "It can all be blown away".

I've been in this position before where a customer said something could be blown away, and I would never do it based on a single message - this always warrants a confirmation:
said by me :

Let me make sure I understand - you've asked me to reformat the entire machine and remove it from service? This will destroy all data on that server, right?

I've gotten enough "Whoa, no, that's not what I meant" to not risk a misunderstanding for something so potentially catastrophic.

Steve

MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

It's been a learning experience, that's for sure and it won't be something that happens again.

psafux
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10

psafux to MTB

Premium Member

to MTB
I deal with clients all the time that do not fully understand the ramifications of "Go ahead and reload", "nuke it", "I don't need anything", etc.

Always, always verify is the only advice I can make after reading the comments. That goes to both/all parties.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

verify, or just back up.

psafux
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10

psafux

Premium Member

said by AVD:

verify, or just back up.

Not always practical but good to do when possible. The 80GB iTunes collection may be another story

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

on a server?
MTB
join:2007-06-29
Newport Beach, CA

MTB

Interesting how a person that does not know Linux posts on the DSLR forum.

Interesting how a person can also sell a person a server but never tell him that he still has access.

I would be interested to see what IM that he posted so that i could properly respond.

Still no IM apology or other This guy was not up front with anything he did and is just bad news. I found out about the problem when SSH was misteriously broken.

He needs to be booted from DSLR for dishonorable deals, acting in bad faith, stealing data, being disrespectful of a persons time, Posting IM's and lying about linux knowledge too.

A person needs to be able to have an opportunity to secure data for himself The only reloading would have been to make 4 partitions and/or a VM so that I could test, develop and deploy as required.

MineCoast
Premium Member
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast to MTB

Premium Member

to MTB
I have requested that this thread be closed. This has been many weeks ago and at this point is a direct personal attack towards me.

1. You received a full refund, including the setup fee as well as the full month you paid for, you pretty much had the server for free for a month.

2. You informed me that the server can be wiped and was not needed, mods can PM me for a copy of that PM if needed. You said you still had a few months left on your VPS and that you didn't use this server.

Enough is enough. Close the thread already.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by MineCoast:

Enough is enough.

You have been very cryptic about this whole thing, dodging the direct questions along the lines of Why did you take the server back?

The whole thing is a head scratcher to say the least. Maybe »Webhosting FAQ »Hosting hall of shame worthy?
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to MTB

to MTB
Why not just host yourself or deal with a hosting, colo etc. directly?

MineCoast
Premium Member
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast to swintec

Premium Member

to swintec
said by swintec:

said by MineCoast:

Enough is enough.

You have been very cryptic about this whole thing, dodging the direct questions along the lines of Why did you take the server back?

The whole thing is a head scratcher to say the least. Maybe »Webhosting FAQ »Hosting hall of shame worthy?

If someone tells me that they haven't used the server and that it can be wiped, then I am well within my rights to take that server back into possession. That's why I took the server back, he said he had not used it, that it could be wiped, so I issued a full refund and took the server back.

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

Wish I could do that with the 240SX I gave away when I was in college.
MTB
join:2007-06-29
Newport Beach, CA

MTB

I have never known fraud, deception, not honoring an agreement and theft to be a right.

MjimLay does not want to be honest, attempt to honor his deal or even communicate what really happened..

He was really interested in if I was able to get the server to work or not. As soon as I got it working he took it.

Keep the thread and close MJimLay account.