how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RemyL75

join:2001-06-07
Chicago, IL

Ultra TV adding server...

I would like to know if anyone has had any success adding a server by using a second network card and connecting that directly to the Media Gateway.

I have a server on a router. I tried using the Gateway as my main router, but the signal strength was unacceptable. I have had success adding the server but only when it is connected directly using a wired connection. I am ready to buy a new network card and add it to the server but i want to know if this will work before i take that path. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

alan92rttt

join:2012-02-27
I am doing that.

My main in house network is connected to the gateway via a linksys wireless router.

MY server has 2 nic's one is connected to the house network the other to the gateway and serves as a media server using the PS3 media server software.

RemyL75

Chicago, IL
reply to RemyL75
Thanks. I am planning on doing the same thing except I will be using TVersity. I've used it in the past for internet streaming.

RemyL75

Chicago, IL
reply to RemyL75
UPDATE:

I have added the 2nd NIC and used it to connect directly to the Gateway. I am still using my router and have it connected to the Gateway through its WAN Port. Once I configured the DLNA software (I am using TVersity), everything is running great.