uniqs
share rss forum feed

DaveDude
No Fear

join:1999-09-01
New Jersey
kudos:1

okay viatalk , its been real.

Okay, i understand Viatalk isnt Verizon, however now i get fast busies when dialing 800s. Last week people couldnt hear me on my phone, then vialtalk proceeded to blame my setup which working flawless for years. I am ready to move on.

dcurrey
Premium
join:2004-06-29
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Cincinnati Bell
·ViaTalk

Been seeing a lot of complaint lately about one way audio fast busy etc. They mention on the blog about increased server reliability seems maybe the opposite is actually happening.

I myself have noticed an increase in network down forwards. One happened while I was actually using the phone. Pretty sure my network is up.

dmolavi
Premium
join:2005-04-11
Sewell, NJ
reply to DaveDude

You definitely aren't alone. See »No audio on Incoming calls (sometimes) . Their reliability has taken a serious hit. I don't know if it is related to the announcement on their blog of new feature's they have been developing, but the timing sure is suspicious.
--
NukedGallery.net
GalleryModules.com

DaveDude
No Fear

New Jersey
reply to DaveDude

Well i will be on phonepower by the end of the week. I just dialed another 800 and 2 rings fast busy. I could understand a day or 2 outage, but its been happening for too long.

dmolavi
Premium
join:2005-04-11
Sewell, NJ

out of curiosity, how did you come to choose phonepower? I was actually toying with going to verizon for FiOS phone service, since it will end up costing me the same in the end as what I pay now for their internet plus viatalk...although I don't know if we have been having issues w/ VT in the past week or so (the wife hasn't been complaining...)
--
NukedGallery.net
GalleryModules.com

DaveDude
No Fear

New Jersey

the feature set is the same, plus you can use it on iphone , and soon android. The cost is a little higher.

NY Tel
Premium
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY
kudos:3
reply to DaveDude

said by DaveDude:

Well i will be on phonepower by the end of the week. I just dialed another 800 and 2 rings fast busy. I could understand a day or 2 outage, but its been happening for too long.

So a few months later - how is Phonepower?

DaveDude
No Fear

New Jersey

phone power has worked without a problem , no issues. I just dont like there voicemail system.

NY Tel
Premium
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY
kudos:3

said by DaveDude:

phone power has worked without a problem , no issues. I just dont like there voicemail system.

Thanks, I appreciate the info.