spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

grpt

@cox.net

[CT] Separate DVR service charge for another DVR box?????????

I have had 1 DVR box and service in my house for months.
I added another Cox DVR box and and now Cox wants $19.95 for (2) DVR (services!) Is this right?

The DVR service was in the home already at 9.95 month,
Why should I pay for 19.95 for 2 services???

Anybodies thoughts??? Thanks!

bryant313

join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

Re: [CT] Separate DVR service charge for another DVR box????????

i believe the 10 dollar a month extra is a rental fee for the box i could be mistaken though

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to grpt

they along with many other cable companies charge per box so yes that's correct

grpt

@cox.net

No i guess i didnt describe the situation right.
Im being charged $15.64 (7.82 each) for two DVR boxes
AND
Im being charged $19.98 ($9.99 each) for 2 services.

How can they charge me twice for service thats available already in the house via any connecter? I can see paying more for the extra DVR box..But not another "dvr service" charge.
Thats like paying for cable service for one box and then again for another box.

Thanks for your thoughts!!

ajwees41
Premium
Omaha, NE

Like I said because they can.

Do you have 1 or 2 Dvr's? Cox charges separate fees no matter how many Dvr's you have.

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19
reply to grpt

Charter and TWC charge for DVR service attached to each DVR converter. Unless a subscriber has multi-room/anyroom which is usually around $20 a month. Sounds like Cox prices are similar. Are you able to take the DVR service from the first box and use all over the house?

grpt

@cox.net
reply to grpt

yes the original dvr box worked anywhere in the house.
So why should i pay for 2 separate service charges?
I can see paying for the extra dvr box but not another "service charge" too! thats almost $40 for 2 working boxes a month!

I know they have the one master dvr converter system and other recievers that work off of it..but the rep told me they are a lot of trouble..huh?

grpt

@cox.net
reply to NightOwl2

Yeah thats what gets me mad..
One dvr box worked anywhere in house.
All I did was exchange a regular box for a dvr box..plugged it in and bingo all set.
The customer rep said if i go and exchange boxes all that would be added to the bill was for another box $7.82
Yeah right..tonight when i called and told them well then take off expanded basic cause i cant afford all this ..this clown said i have to call in the morning to have my expanded removed..EEErr

AnonGuy

@cox.net

You pay Per Box! Not per Outlet!

2 Boxes... 2 DVR Fees...

Don't want the fee X 2. Get a regular Non-DVR box...

ajwees41
Premium
Omaha, NE
reply to grpt

your paying for the gude software per box and box rental

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3

I think it is a companys' prerogative to fallow supply and demand, so I don't think we need to sugar coat it. It isn't that your paying extra for the software or guide, if that was the case, we would be paying extra for the digital service per digital box. It would be the same price no matter what, its not like they allocate different parts of the check you send in to pay different people. Its all one piggy bank, and they are just trying to balance the fees with product to try to make it as attractive to the consumer as possible. Why are 2L soda sometimes less then 1L? Why do hot dogs come in packages of 8, and buns 12? These are the frustrating questions our odd society creates.

anon123

@cox.net

said by Optimus2357:

..... if that was the case, we would be paying extra for the digital service per digital box.

Actually Cox does charge a fee for every digital outlet on top of the receiver and/or CableCARD. It is called Advanced TV (formerly Gateway) fee. Cox no longer publishes this fee, but it is still a line item on the billing.

ajwees41
Premium
Omaha, NE
reply to Optimus2357

said by Optimus2357:

I think it is a companys' prerogative to fallow supply and demand, so I don't think we need to sugar coat it. It isn't that your paying extra for the software or guide, if that was the case, we would be paying extra for the digital service per digital box. It would be the same price no matter what, its not like they allocate different parts of the check you send in to pay different people. Its all one piggy bank, and they are just trying to balance the fees with product to try to make it as attractive to the consumer as possible. Why are 2L soda sometimes less then 1L? Why do hot dogs come in packages of 8, and buns 12? These are the frustrating questions our odd society creates.

no only charged once for digital chanes, but for each box and dvr fee if it's a dvr's other cox areas are different

Optimus2357
Premium
West Warwick, RI
reply to anon123

Yes, there is a Gateway fee, but I don't believe you pay that per box. Its not like you can get one line up on one box and another on the next. My point is the bill as we know it doesn't have to represent the cost anymore then dollars represent gold.

grpt

@cox.net
reply to anon123

The advanced tv fee is on my bill .00 is the amt.

We dont pay service "per" regular box..so why do they charge service "per" dvr box?

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:76

To clarify what has been said here so far, DVR service is charged per DVR box and not per outlet. Similar pricing also applies to the Whole Home DVR where available except in the case with Whole Home DVR only host boxes incur the DVR service charge.

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana
reply to grpt

I prefer the DirecTV method... $6 a month for receiver no matter if it is a DVR or not.
--

SouthWest Louisiana PC Users Group »www.swlapcug.com

ajwees41
Premium
Omaha, NE
reply to grpt

the ability to rewind fast forward and record s dfferent then just watching tv

anon123

@cox.net
reply to Optimus2357

Advanced TV Fee per Receiver or CableCARD: $3/mo first, $2/mo each after first.

Cox Hampton Roads lists $5.99 for additional digital outlet fee. (one fee for entire home after 1st outlet)
See page 2 for pricing
»ww2.cox.com/wcm/en/residential/d···neup.pdf

ajwees41
Premium
Omaha, NE

BUNDLE SAVINGS
Total Digital Connection Bundle: Free
Premium Discount
$-14.99
Total Bundle Savings $-14.99
TV
Cox TV includes: $57.54
Cox TV Starter 0.00
Expanded Service 0.00
Cox Advanced TV includes: 20.99
ADVANCE TV,MOVIE PAK,SPT/INF PK, 0.00
VARIEY PAK,BONUS PAK 0.00
Cox Premium Movie Channels include: 0.00
HBO 14.99
Advanced TV Receiver 5.25
DVR Service 9.99
Advanced TV HD DVR Receiver 7.25

Omaha's no additional fees no matter how many boxes we have

grpt

@cox.net
reply to CoxTech1

Thanks for the info.. (not that i agree with it)

Well somethings going back to the cox people..probrably expanded basic terminated..I can still record enough shows on both dvrs to suffice.
Just cant (will not) pay $107 a month for TV.
Its ridiculous at almost $1200 a year for TV!
Probrably check out SAT too.
I dont feel warm and cozy with cox anymore at their prices..
I hear niebhbors in this area pick up 10-15 channels with their
TV set up for just an antenna..hmm

grpt

@cox.net
reply to AnonGuy

Or get rid of any box completely..Tv still works!! Even beter yet indoor tv antenna ..bye bye cox....Hmm

Optimus2357
Premium
West Warwick, RI
reply to anon123

OP is from CT, not VA. CT falls under New England pricing, including RI and OK. I live in RI, and I can tell you I do not pay per receiver for the Gateway (aka Advanced) service.

»ww2.cox.com/residential/connecti···cing.cox