how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

randomzero

join:2010-03-25
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Re: WARNING: WIND Mobile

This whole thread, along with the other thread the OP created, just cements the fact that the OP is not what you'd call a "smart" consumer.

You can place blame anywhere you choose, but in the end it really seems like it was all caused by the OP.

With Rogers, the OP chose to agree to a plan without actually looking at what they're agreeing to, then blaming Rogers for the bill.
With Wind, the OP chose to ignore the automated messages and call Wind csrs dumb because he didn't know what he was supposed to do.

So really, this guy right here is an excellent example of why people "hate" the carriers, they absolutely refuse to blame themselves for their own issues and tell everyone else that it's the carriers fault.

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
No I see there is a genuine issue here. I mean, it's probably extremely rare, but it happened.

Wind threw somebody's inactive phone number into the temporary number pool without unlinking their account, so when OP signed up and at some point he was issued this temporary number with old user info on it, parts or maybe all of his account got overwritten. We know the PIN and security question, amount outstanding were totally different. I have no idea how this happened, I could only guess its a software glitch or user error in the back office.

It took awhile but they reversed it. That's the important part.
--
Fiber Optics are the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR »Fiber Optic Forum.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
reply to randomzero
said by randomzero:

With Rogers, the OP chose to agree to a plan without actually looking at what they're agreeing to, then blaming Rogers for the bill.
With Wind, the OP chose to ignore the automated messages and call Wind csrs dumb because he didn't know what he was supposed to do.

So really, this guy right here is an excellent example of why people "hate" the carriers, they absolutely refuse to blame themselves for their own issues and tell everyone else that it's the carriers fault.

And we have yet to see the Rogers wireless bill...which many of us asked to be posted several times.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein