All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« It's not just cox
This is a sub-selection from Screw your caps Cox.

erikthebean

join:2007-06-25
Manchester, NH
reply to houkouonchi

Re: Screw your caps Cox.

Dude A+ for ingenuity, now for the question. What linux flav are you using for this, and are you VPNing into another place to achieve the bonding, or are you just connecting the 2 Fios connections, and they are just round robin(ing). I have tried round robin in the past, but it always acts funny..maybe it because of my cisco who knows.

houkouonchi

join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by erikthebean:

Dude A+ for ingenuity, now for the question. What linux flav are you using for this, and are you VPNing into another place to achieve the bonding, or are you just connecting the 2 Fios connections, and they are just round robin(ing). I have tried round robin in the past, but it always acts funny..maybe it because of my cisco who knows.

Its round-robin but packet based round robin. Actually I am technically doing both. I do balancing and bonding. Because bonding uses bandwidth on the other end I have rules setup in the netbalancer so not *everything* goes through the bonded interface.

On the home side I am using zeroshell mainly because it has quite a nice interface for doing the bonding and has built-in support for it. The server-side is just running a flavor of gentoo.
--
150/75 mbit Verizon FiOS connection FTW!